Mechanical Designer (Freelance)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Work within our IGT (Image Guided Therapy) business unit as a Mechanical Designer. This role is calling for a candidate that has a proven track record in the development of sophisticated mechatronic/mechanical systems. Also, experienced working with many different stakeholders on safety critical products for use within the healthcare domain.
You are responsible for
- Be a reference for the multidisciplinary design team for mechanical design aspects, such as materials- and manufacturing method selection, tolerance budgeting, cost engineering, Technical Product Documentation (TPD) creation, etc
- Within new product introduction projects and product life cycle activities you are responsible for requirements, integral design, implementation, test and integration in accordance with the higher level specifications. Including alignment with all the relevant internal and external stakeholders such as operations and procurement
- Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the design (e.g. Design calculations, FMEA, Field data analysis, verification reporting)
- Ensuring the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate modules in modular, easy-to-maintain units that meets the product specification;
- Understanding and communicating consequences of designs on the architecture
- Contributing to technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities
- Contributing to the sourcing strategy including make-buy decisions, supplier selection, and contract management.
You are a part of
the Mechatronics Development Cluster in the R&D organization of the Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Systems Business Unit within Philips Healthcare. This Business Unit is responsible for marketing, development and manufacturing of X-Ray systems for cardiac or vascular medical diagnosis and intervention (e.g., balloon angioplasty and stent procedures). Customers are interventional specialists, in the cardiology and radiology domain operating in a wide variety of hospitals across the globe.
The R&D organization consists of 450 people, organized around the main functions of the systems that we develop: the image chain, the robotics, the applications and the service and workflow functionality. The Mechatronics Development Cluster is amongst others responsible for the accurate positioning of the patient and imaging equipment. The cluster takes responsibility for all aspects of development including Mechanics, Electronics and Software. We work closely together with several other disciplines within and outside our organization (procurement, operations, service, marketing, quality and regulatory) to ensure the best end to end results. As Mechanical Designer you will be part of the department responsible for imaging stands and patient tables. The department consists out of approximately 25 highly qualified and motivated Mechanics and Mechatronics developers.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- MSc (or BSc with high experience level) in Mechanics Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an R&D environment. Preferable in a Regulated environment (Medical, Automotive or Aerospace/Defense).
- Work on the next generation of mechatronic Stands and Tables.
- Good documentation and design skills.
- Proficient in 3D CAD, preferably Creo (pro/ENGINEER)
- Knowledgeable on medical and safety standards IEC60601, dFMEA, CtQ's/CtS's, DfMAT
- Analytical, creative, and abstract thinker with ability to define and understand concepts/problems quickly, able to create and review technical documents and when needed applies hands on mentality;