Global transport manager (Freelance)
Join Philips Domestic Appliances business, a global leader with EUR 2.3 billion sales in very successful home products, kitchen appliances, coffee and garment care.
You connect throughout the world with factories, suppliers and markets on transport related matters in a very dynamic international environment. Our global transportation management takes care of the transport infrastructure with all related processes both internal and external; to ensure all Philips products will reach our customers within the contractual agreed transit times on the most cost-effective way. You will operate a TMS for this function with a clear alignment with procurement.
You are responsible for:
- Global transport management for all mode of transport (air/sea/train/road), but with the biggest focus on sea
- Carrier management with regular review meetings.
- Be process expert in the operational transport processes in collaboration with global Philips control tower
- Drive continuous improvement on cost and performance by means of business analytics
- Manage large scale global projects in the area of global transport
- Drive innovation in the global transport area
You are part of
Philips Domestic Appliances Integral Warehousing & distribution team. This team will be responsible for Transport, Warehousing and Distribution globally for business Domestic Appliances, running an efficient business and at the same time constantly transforming and innovating. As we value diversity, we have a multi-functional and diverse team, with different points of view, different ways of thinking, new capabilities to improve for our customers.
This role will be based in Eindhoven (Netherlands) and directly report to the Head of IWD based in Netherlands. The team is spread across locations in Eindhoven, Amsterdam, Drachten (Netherlands) and Lodz (Poland). All those locations are possible for this role. The role may require travelling.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- University degree (we will consider candidates with HBO as well);
- 5 years+ experience in transport, e.g. as transporter or as shipper;
- Wide experience in Global transportation on all modalities;
- TMS experience (Infodis) is a must;
- Experience in carrier management;
- Excellent change management and analytical skills;
- Experience with Customs handling and international trade related topics would be an advantage;
- Excellent communicator, being able to effectively communicate to a lot of different people at different levels.