Digital Engineer (Randstad Contingent Worker)
This role must work onsite at our Carlsbad, CA location.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
Be a part of Philips Hospital Respiratory Care Systems as a Digital Engineer focused on Ventilation & related accessory products.
You will be responsible for:
• Execute new product designs personally, generate design specifications, and oversee outsourced resources where appropriate
• Execute quick turn prototyping, PCB bring-up, debugging, verification testing, and performance characterization of new designs
• Build functional setups for PCBA testing and reliability, perform component and subsystem level testing to ensure conformance to design, safety, and compliance
• Support manufacturing engineering as necessary and provide appropriate tools and techniques to the service organization
• Execute/manage compliance testing and documentation
• Deliver documentation to support designs of PCBAs such as technical reviews, engineering studies, theory of operations, design release notes, and documentation for product characterization
• Work closely with systems engineering and multi-functional teammates to develop robust architectures and functionality
• Support Sustaining Engineering and Failure Investigation, Product Lifecycle Management, and Root Cause Corrective Action
• Participate in/host design reviews, design FMEA analysis, best practice, and other product line design processes
• BOM costing and scheduling
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
• 3+ years hands-on design and development of high precision mixed signal control circuitry and/or embedded systems, electrical component design and system level design
• Extensive PCB design, debugging, and troubleshooting experience
• Experience with electromechanical medical devices
• Familiarity with FDA Quality Systems Regulations/Design Control requirements, IEC 60601 compliance standards, or ISO14971 Risk Management requirements is a plus
• Proficient with one or more schematic capture and layout tools (Cadence, Altium etc.)
• Proficient in PCB bring-up, debugging, verification testing, and performance characterization
• Proficient in the use of the laboratory tools: oscilloscope, DMM, variable DC power supply, etc.
You will be a part of:
You are empowered to use your voice and expertise to have a positive impact on your team, the business, and health technologies that will improve the health, well-being and care for people around world. You will be part of the Hospital Respiratory Care Systems R&D Engineering group.
In return, we offer you:
Philips welcomes you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore and grow.
Quality is on the top of Philips leadership agenda and that means you have the unique opportunity to come in and have a recognized voice to drive and witness exciting, transformational changes. You will be empowered to drive high quality, groundbreaking innovations with a globally recognized, premium brand behind you. And when you are successful in this role you will have an array of diverse career opportunities open to you – across different functional areas, product lines, business groups and/or geographies. That is a commitment Philips Quality Leadership team has made and stands by.
Why work on a project at Philips?
If you’re looking for meaningful work and a chance to tackle complex challenges, broaden your skills and expertise and become an even more sought after professional, you’ll find all that and more with project work at Philips.
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding talent to provide services at Philips. If you are selected to provide services for Philips, you will be employed by Randstad and will not be an employee of Philips.