Verification & Validation Lead
Our challenge is to drive exponential business growth at the intersection of innovation, entrepreneurship and passion - delivering cutting edge technologies that solve century old health challenges with greater speed, higher quality and better accuracy for individuals and families around the world. Join us!
As Verification & Validation (V&V) Lead you deal with the Design Verification & Design Validation of complete multidisciplinary products of Digital Pathology Solutions. This consist the scanners, Image Management System software and IT platforms. The V&V Lead is responsible to drive the End2End V&V strategy to ensure V&V is managed to meet project, user & regulatory needs.
When you walk into work you will be joining a truly entrepreneurial team of over 330 employees spread across 8 countries, all passionate about defining the future, growing the business and having fun. You will be considered an “early joiner” to the Philips Emerging Businesses family which plans to expand itself by approximately 700 members in the next 3 years. The V&V Lead is part of the Verification & Validation development team.
Key Areas of responsibility
The tasks of the V&V Lead in the areas of responsibility indicated above are summarized as follows:
• Defines the integration and test strategy and test effort (business risk based).
• Manages the stakeholder input for the user and business needs, ensures the needs are compliant with good documentation principles and can be further translated into Validation protocols by the Validation Specialists (Clinical, Usability, Installation&Service, Operations)
• Defines the test activities, their entry and exit criteria, test environment and makes sure they are executed with the required quality.
• Defines and maintains the Requirement Test Traceability Matrix.
• Creates the test summary, product and release test reports.
• Represents the Project Manager in discussing the incremental project deliveries, with a mandate as defined in the project plan and project-project agreements.
• Knows about, and acts on the impact of CCB decisions.
The V&V Lead:
• Is owner of the V&V Plan and Requirement Test Traceability Matrix
• Is responsible for tuning and propagation of the V&V Plan with the project team.
• Is responsible for the overall content and the quality of the tests.
• Is responsible that the defined tests are carried-out properly.
• Is responsible to report the product quality level.
• Is responsible for the delivery and the quality of the agreed work products to the customer, within the mandate of the project milestones.
• Promotes product baseline in the consolidated domain.
• Is consulted for making sure that requirement documents are reviewed from a testing viewpoint.
• Coach verification and validation engineers to design tests, and carry them out, report deviations and report the test results.
Educational and experience requirements
• Has a thorough understanding of white box, black box, use-case based and other test techniques.
• Can moderate reviews from test point of view.
• Is an acknowledged domain expert, both w.r.t. the test profession and the product itself (ISTQB Test Manager).
• Understands test tooling issues, can organize test automation.
• With knowledge of the Clinical User and experience in project management, change management, IT, GCP (good clinical practices) & study design.
• Familiar with FDA guidance, CFR 820.30(g) and IEC-62366 Human Factor
• The V&V Lead is aware of his leading role in a testing team.
• Knows how to coach people towards achieving their goals.
• Propagates test techniques & methods.
• Adapts his/her level of communication to the level and background of his/her audience. This applies both in person-to-person situations and in addressing audiences.
• He is a good and firm negotiator in order to create win-win situations.
• He constantly improves own performance, by study, and by evaluating own behavior.
• Is able to handle conflicting interests.