Test & Verification Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be part of a multidisciplinary team of highly skilled technical specialists working on innovative automated test solution projects. These projects can cover every phase of the product life cycle, from development (requirements engineering, development and validation of new test methods, test strategy development, definition and execution of test protocols), manufacturing (manufacturing test development, fitness for use, MSA's) and maintenance (development remote monitoring solutions, predictive maintenance solutions, test system health checks, crash support). In your role, you will work with together with sr. Test architects, the SW architects (automation) and team members from within our own organization as well as from our customers organization.
You are responsible for
- Developing, executing and archiving objective, reproducible and maintainable test designs and test protocols/procedures (for elements, (sub)system integration, functional and non-functional tests), by using test design methods, techniques and tools.
- Creating, reviewing and optimizing test designs, reusable test protocols, and test procedures to ensure complete functional and non-functional test coverage for multiple project and/or products concurrently.
- Developing and conducting tests to verify functionality (performance, reliability, security, compliance,-) based on a risk-based strategy, against the design input requirements and formally reporting the results.
- Documenting test plans, protocols, and reports.
- Reviewing product requirements, designs and product changes from a test point of view and liaising with stakeholders resulting in a testable and maintainable systems and converting requirements into test specifications and tester designs.
To succeed in this role, we are looking for a Test Engineer with following characteristics:
- Professional who is seen as a leader and mentor in the systems testing organization. Typically, focuses on multiple systems and/or field-testing.
- Guides the selection of the most effective test design techniques. Defines acceptance tests for verification of requirements with shared responsibility for project scope, requirements and risks.
- Measures key progress indicators including: requirement coverage, test protocol effectiveness, test execution and defect identification and closure.
- Concludes on available data to monitor progress, identify risk, and judge release readiness and release quality.
- Has ownership of test design, reusable test protocols and test procedures to ensure complete functional and non-functional test coverage.
- Has ownership of planning and timely execution.
- Stakeholder management within and beyond own team, e.g. functional managers, project manager, test architects, systems architects, development engineers, external test labs, customers.
- Planning skills: Creates master test plan encompassing an entire system.
- Able to creates a test plan for a part/element
- Bachelor of Science / Electrical Engineering / mechanical engineering or related technical degree, or equivalent professional engineering experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in professional engineering.
- Leadership: Provides guidance and enables development in own team. Mentors junior staff within own team.
- Very good experience in testing and verification process
- Experience in the execution of Measurement System Analyses (MSA's)
- Experience with working in a highly regulated environment (e.g. medical, automotive or aerospace)
- Relevant project experience in ISO13485 Medical Device directive is a plus
- Motivated, self-driven with a determination to succeed and ability to adapt to change
- Analytical, structured and open to new ideas
- Open to travel on an occasional basis