Technical Writer (Randstad Contingent Worker)
Actual Job Title - Technical Writer II
This role is a hybrid position based from the Bothell, WA location
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
Create user manuals for different product categories within Philips Oral Healthcare. Together with Innovation, Engineering, Product Research and Marketing, you convert the input provided into user manuals and other digital content. As a technical writer, you will be working on several projects at the same time. Within the project team, it is your responsibility to ensure that the artwork of the user manual is delivered before the set deadline. You are also responsible for uploading user manuals onto the Philips support websites using centralized content management tools. In parallel you are co-creating online support pages by providing knowledge articles and other relevant post purchase user content. For this task you will closely work together with the Philips Product Research and Consumer Care teams.
The OHC Technical Writer key role is the creation and delivery of the customer facing documents within the creation of instructional assets defining our consumer experience of Philips Oral Healthcare products.
You will be responsible for:
- Execute creation of DFU/IFU delivery projects under direction of the Packaging Content Program Manager and Instructional Asset Lead for new products and existing product changes to meet market RFS from global BMC and technical teams.
- Creating well-structured and clear user content per Philips Personal Health and Oral healthcare branding guidelines.
- Writing user manual texts based on guidelines and a style guide with direction provided by Oral Healthcare R&D team inputs.
- Ensuring compliance with international legal standards
- Giving instructions to and managing external contacts: illustrators, translation agency and DTP agency. Or build this competency yourselves.
- Monitoring deadlines; meeting business commitments and ensuring quality first-time right delivery.
- Oversee multiple projects of various size and scope simultaneously.
- Escalate process delays and other project risks to internal functions when necessary for quick resolution.
- Proof PDFs, route revisions, and approval deadlines for all instructional asset projects.
- Revise and proof ancillary print and online materials.
- Keep up to date on current business software.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years professional experience with a CCMS(Author-it, Arbotext, ST4, Scheme), Author-It preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with implementing brand guidelines in work for national brands.
- Accurate and consistent execution.
- Demonstrated ability to foresee and address problems proactively.
- Highly detail oriented and able to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional communication skills for coordinating remote teams of many nationalities, as well as communication with global and local stakeholders.
- Demonstrated proficiency with electronic record-keeping system.
- Experience working in ISO9000 or similar regulated business preferred.
- Previous related work experience in a global consumer packaged goods company preferred.
- Stress resistant: able to handle several projects with short deadlines simultaneously.
You will be a part of:
An organization that believes what you do every day can contribute to the innovative health technologies and solutions we develop that make a positive impact on billions of people every year. Including you. Because you will find when you work at Philips that your professional and personal lives often intersect in unexpected and fulfilling ways. It is our mission to improve people’s lives through meaningful innovation and we want you to play a central role in this by leading teams, driving projects, thinking strategically and inspiring colleagues from all over the world.
In return, we offer you:
Philips welcomes you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore and grow.
Quality is on the top of Philips leadership agenda and that means you have the unique opportunity to come in and have a recognized voice to drive and witness exciting, transformational changes. You will be empowered to drive high quality, groundbreaking innovations with a globally recognized, premium brand behind you. And when you are successful in this role you will have an array of diverse career opportunities open to you – across different functional areas, product lines, business groups and/or geographies. That is a commitment Philips Quality Leadership team has made and stands by.
Why work on a project at Philips?
If you’re looking for meaningful work and a chance to tackle complex challenges, broaden your skills and expertise and become an even more sought after professional, you’ll find all that and more with project work at Philips.
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding talent to provide services at Philips. If you are selected to provide services for Philips, you will be employed by Randstad and will not be an employee of Philips.