Talented Mechanical Engineer Mechatronics
Talented Mechanical Engineer Mechatronics (Contract)
Duration: At least 1 year, intention of Philips is to convert to Philips payroll after the project
Budget range: €3.500- 4900 per month
In this role, you have the opportunity to
use your mechanical engineering expertise to model, design and implement some of the world’s most innovative and complex high precision equipment and medical products. Your contribution can range from early customer contacts, project definition and concept creation to Mechatronics design of new or existing equipment and products.
When you choose to work at Philips you’ll work on life-changing projects; and contribute to innovative health technologies and solutions that improve billions of lives around the world.
You are responsible for
- A module or sub system of a Mechatronic high precision equipment or medical product in major projects, which have a mid- to long-term character and are complex.
- The mechanical design, detailed design, manufacturability, integration and qualification of the module or sub system.
- Using your designer skills, inventiveness and curiosity to combine novel technology with user insight.
- Working closely together with the senior mechanical designer, system architect and other technical disciplines to come up with the best Mechatronic solution for the customer
You are a part of
Philips Innovation Services draws upon a huge range of resources and expertise to support our customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and as efficiently as possible. Our pragmatic technology experts and consultants benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in Philips Businesses, Philips Research and hundreds of companies outside Philips. Each day brings new challenges as we work on many different projects.
The Mechatronics department of Philips Innovation Services, with approximately 160 employees, is unique in its system design approach, which has led to many practical solutions for our customers. Think of breakthrough solutions especially in concept creation for consumer products and healthcare systems next to high accuracy positioning, and mechanical construction in e.g. lithography systems and magnetic levitation stages. We are active in equipment as well as sub-system design, prototyping and testing. You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and its customers
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Talented MSc in Mechanical Engineering with the potential to grow to Senior Mechanical Designer / Architect.
- Experience working on construction principles of high precision equipment or semiconductor applications. You feel at home in an innovative high-tech environment.
- Skilled in designing in 3D CAD: NX & Team center.
- Proficient in making TPD and releasing it for production.
- Able to design a product on DfX aspects in close consultation with suppliers
- Able to make a work breakdown and a planning for your own work.
- A proven team player, taking initiative, flexible and able to work with changing views.
- A customer centric attitude with excellent communication skills
- Fluently in English, Dutch would be a plus.
In return, we offer you
- An inspiring work environment that is internationally and multidisciplinary oriented, with a variety of customers and projects.
- A project-based environment where people have both advanced theoretical knowledge and the capacity to put that knowledge into practice.
- Extensive opportunities for growth in technical and personal development.
- Stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains, from developing state-of-the-art lithographic wafer stages, to pioneering the latest implantable medical devices.
- Job satisfaction and the chance to broaden your experience.
- The opportunity to shape and grow your career will be in your own hands!
For this project, you’ll work for Philips and become a contract or permanent employee of YACHT (a Randstad company). As a contractor at Philips you'll enjoy cutting-edge challenges and unexpected experiences that make you a more in-demand professional. And as a YACHT employee, you can expect to receive ongoing support with your personal development and future prospects.
YACHT provides all employees with a range of benefits, including pension, social security payments and potential to earn a quarterly bonus as well as a mobile and travel allowance.
Why work on a project at Philips?
If you’re looking for meaningful work and a chance to tackle complex challenges, broaden your skills and expertise and become an even more sought after professional, you’ll find all that and more with project work at Philips.
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding talent to provide services at Philips. If you are selected to provide services for Philips, you will be employed by Randstad and will not be an employee of Philips.