Systems Development Engineer (Freelance)
Do you want to become a transformation leader, teaming up with over 20 Quality and Reliability professionals to support all Philips businesses globally with End-to-end (E2E) product Quality and Reliability.
Do you want to join a group of global experts who guides Philips teams and organizations to adopt and embrace the Philips Excellence Process Framework?Do you want to play a leading role to continuously improve Philips development processes and operational quality and realize the company's quality strategy and targets?
- You will act as an ambassador for the design, deployment and continuous improvement of Philips' Product Development processes (i.e. Requirements Management, Quality and Reliability Engineering, Risk Engineering, Verification and Test, Usability and Validation, Industrialization) based on in depth technical knowledge in the implementation of development and operational quality into projects, processes and organizations
- You will liaise with Philips R&D organizations globally to drive the continuous improvement of business processes and associated templates
You will actively ensure the deployment and application of key development activities, e.g. Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, Risk Management by training and coaching
- You will be part of the expert network on product development within Philips
- You will participate in the I2M change control board
- You will participate in related corporate initiatives to improve business process and capability maturity as required
- You will manage improvement projects and teams to implement sustainable changes
- You will cooperate globally with innovation excellence programs and the business and grow a network with relevant stakeholders
- You will act in complex projects or programs to apply your skills to drive the service propositions via peer review.
The Product Quality & Reliability team is part of Reliability Solutions service of Philips Innovation Services and is a dynamic group of more than 20 experts in the field of Reliability and Quality engineering. As part of the Q&R service, they have direct access to a broad range of product reliability test- and material analyze facilities and experts.
All are DfSS Green belt or Black Belt, active in designing in or improving reliability of complex, innovative products and processes for our customers from both internal Philips businesses as well as external companies, located all over the world.
We are looking for
- MSc /PhD degree in relevant area of expertise; Discipline like Physics, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of the relevant application and technology area, or capable to gain this quickly
- Knowledge and ability to apply concepts in the fields of quality, reliability and problem solving in organizations
- DfSS or DMAIC Green Belt, or equivalent by experience
- Experience and track record in tools, concepts or procedures (e.g. FMEA, Control Plan, APQP, GMP, Design Controls, quality standards) are strongly preferred.
- You combine analytical and conceptual thinking, physical insight, flexibility and structured way of working to deliver sustainable project results
- Communication, change management, consultancy skills through all stakeholders levels within the business, verbally and in writing You are a motivated self-propelling person, with determination to succeed and the ability to manage change. Fluent in English
- You are willing to travel a substantial part of the job.