Supplier Quality Engineer
As a Supplier Quality Engineer,
You are the interface between the factory, development, procurement and suppliers. You drive the first time right in sustaining product quality as well as New Product Introduction. This includes design for manufacturability and supplier maturity. You will ensure compliance with medical device regulations and drive efficiency central team directed procedures platform.
You are responsible for
- Team up with Commodity Management, Q&R and other functions in development and execution of the supplier management strategy for the commodity group/region.
- Quality engineering capability assessments of potential new and existing Suppliers for maintaining an optimized Approved Supplier Procurement List of best-in class quality suppliers within the commodity group/region.
- Collect and analyze Supplier Quality performance data from businesses and go to the Gemba at suppliers to identify trends/gaps/opportunities/risks and lead requirement improvements
- Develop and maintain a quality risk register with risk triggers, mitigations and contingency plans for supplier base.
- Develop, organize and lead Supplier Quality improvement projects in collaboration with multiple businesses and supplier sites.
- Ensure new product introduction (NPI) follows purchasing control procedures and the required rigor through APQP process.
- Connect with supplier key leaders to promote/ influence a culture of quality improvement and act as the conduit for escalation and resolution of quality issues on behalf of Philips businesses.
- Contribute to Supplier Project Book content for business NPIs.
- Work hand-in-hand with suppliers to train, develop and guide them toward strong Quality Engineering competencies. - Actively manage suppliers to ensure that they meet aggregate Philips Quality Performance targets.
- Project manage Strategic Supplier development, improvement, execution, monitoring and control as part of the performance monitoring process.
- Support effective root cause analysis of defects at supplier to prevent recurrence on complex concerns.
- Secure design and process quality by driving Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) for New Product Introduction in the R&D department.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in Technical field with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in supplier Quality Organization and suppliers
- Experience in highly regulated environment such as medical devices (highly preferred),
- Strong interest in process improvement Expert level knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques in Purchasing, Operations and SQE including due diligence processes
- Soft skills we are looking for: Good communicator, proactive, flexible and taking ownership.
- Knowledge of ISO / QSR standards is preferred
- Purchasing Controls experience is a preference
- Strong Transformational thinking and Influence skills
- Experience with Process Control (requirement)
- Auditing experience is a preference