Senior Software Engineer - AWS IoT (employment contract)
The position is for an experienced senior software engineer to act as a senior developer within HSDP, with excellent and deep technical know-how, who can strengthen the scrum teams that are building the next-generation IoT platform. She/he should be a strong technical developer with extensive experience in the applicable technologies (see below) and with excellent technical communication and coaching skills towards the other team members. This team is working in a DevOps way and is responsible for monitoring their services in production 24/7. This is a full-time assignment with 2-5 days per week on-site presence on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven.
Main Expertise and Knowledge
- Ample experience with developing
- Familiar with working in scrum teams and applying agile development techniques.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and in writing.
- Clean code and knowledge about Design Patterns and SOLID principles.
- Experience with REST interfaces.
- Experience in designing and writing automated tests.
- Experience with Performance Test.
- Experience in backend development.
Nice to have experience.
- Experience with working according to Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)Good know-how of IoT domain AWS Cloud Formation, SQS, Kinesis, Cloudwatch.
- Knowledge of Ready API.
- Knowledge about the serverless architectureCloudFoundryTFS, MTM (test management)CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in DevOps (e.g. production deployments, monitoring and alerting, troubleshooting)Test-driven development (TDD), and Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)Cloud Certification like AWS Certified Developer.
Special characteristics / requirements.
- Understanding of working in a highly regulated environment (medical)High quality and improvement attitude.
- Independent worker with a fast learning attitude.
- Experience with the multi-cultural environment and multi-site project setup.
- Willingness to join the rotating 24/7 on-call pool
3 Necessary know-how/skills.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or higher.
- Good documentation and reporting abilities.
- Good communication skills.
- Disciplined team worker.
- Analytical, creative, and abstract thinker.
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.