Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Connectivity (Freelance)
At Philips Engineering Solutions, we are a trusted engineering solutions partner for all Philips clusters, businesses, functions, and markets, as well as for selected external customers. The Connectivity Software, Test and Verification group is a group of highly experienced and knowledgeable engineers specialised in providing high quality connectivity solutions. We work on connectivity software in products ranging from cordless kitchen appliances, connected defibrillators, to connected health monitoring devices, and many, many more.
To fill the continuous demand of our customers, we are looking for an experience embedded software engineer who can support us in developing and releasing new connectivity solutions to our customers.
We are looking for enthusiastic Senior Software Engineers who will be working globally with engineers in Eindhoven, Bangalore, and various locations in the USA. As a Senior Software Engineer, you are responsible for:
- Designing and implementing the embedded C++ software for the connectivity platform
- Participating in requirements definition, design, implementation, testing, and release
- Assuring that your software complies to the requested quality norms,
- Participating in design and code reviews, and participating in FMEAs
- Creating automated unit tests and integration tests within the chosen frameworks
- Able to estimate own work, delivering input for the planning process, maintain personal and team backlogs.
- Drawing up a personal schedule and reporting on progress in a structured way
- Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the developed software.
We are looking for ?
- A Bachelor or master's degree, in software engineering / computer science
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in embedded SW development.
You will be working in this context, so you have these skills or like to pick up these fast
- Cutting edge Embedded SW development on resource constrained platforms, including memory and thread management, HW/SW interfacing, debugging
- Modern usage of the C++ programming language
- Strong Object orientated design skills with good understanding of the SOLID principles
- Experience with various build and test tools, including CMake
- Agile software development
- BLE, Wi-Fi, Cellular product development
- Development of devices governed by Medical regulatory standards (ISO13485, IEC62304, etc.)
- Git, GitHub
- Internet of Things
- Medical devices
- CI/CD, Docker
- Software quality measurement tools / analysis tools / profilers / style checkers
You display these behaviors
- Passion for Code Craftsmanship and take pride in writing clean code
- Experienced in applying test driven development techniques
- Skilled in refactoring
- Comfortable with pair programming
- Enthusiastic Agile team member with good communication skills
- Drive for continuous improvement