Senior Cloud Engineer (Freelance)
Participate in innovative Research projects where you will boost our innovations by enabling the implementation of application stacks on AWS cloud-based infrastructures. You will bring in your expertise in the field of cloud technologies to support our teams in creating breakthrough medical innovations.
You are responsible for
The proper operation of IT resources in the multiple clouds together with your colleagues by:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS environments.
- Support Research projects in implementing their applications stacks in single, hybrid or multiple clouds.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and evaluate applicability of new software technologies to development efforts
- Proposing architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluating new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security using best in class cloud security solutions.
- Mentoring members of the cloud community on architectural, engineering, and operational best practices for cloud
You are a part of
The Philips Research Software Concepts department, developing advanced solutions for use in hospitals worldwide. More about Philips Research, you will find here: https://www.philips.com/a-w/research/home
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- B.Sc. or master's in computer science or other equivalent technical discipline.
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
- Experience with using a broad range of AWS, GCP, Azure technologies to develop and maintain secure cloud environments.
- Experience with container technologies (e.g., Docker/Kubernetes).
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Configuration management tools (GitHub/GitLab).
- Basic DB administration experience
- Automated Deployments and Infrastructure as code (Terraform, Helm, CloudFormation/CDK, ACK, CrossPlane,-).
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies
Other Candidate Requirements:
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills
- Curious and detail-oriented individual with the ability to learn rapidly new concepts and technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment