Senior Software Development Engineer
Embedded software engineer.
Senior Software Engineer needed for a full time, job position in Drachten, DA - Floorcare team.
As a Software Engineer your challenge is to design, develop and test embedded software for mass produced domestic appliances, reporting to the Electronic & Software group leader.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
• Contribute to the estimation of the required development effort and run-time resources.
• Define, or help to define, the SW architecture of platforms, or products
• Write proper design documentation for the developed embedded software products.
• Write the source code in the “C” programming language, according to the applicable coding standards.
• Participate in reviews and walkthroughs as appropriate and write and execute unit /component test cases.
• Contribute to improvements of processes needed for developing products. Coach junior SW engineers
• Lead small SW development teams (SPL - Software Project Leader) within the boundaries of larger project team.
• Knowledge of ARM microcontrollers and tools.
• Knowledge of IoT products and technologies, both product (embedded) and infrastructure (web) sides is a plus
• Knowledge of MatLab/Simulink, SVN, Trac is a plus
We are looking for:
• You have a Bachelor degree or Master degree in software engineering.
• You are good in math and control algorithms development, and systems simulation.
• You MUST have multiple years working experience in developing embedded software for consumer products
• Thorough understanding of modern software engineering tools, methods, processes
• You have multiple years of experience in developing software for ARM based microcontrollers.
• You are able to understand simple electronic circuits
• You are able to use standard measurement equipment like multimeters, logic analyzers and oscilloscopes.
• You like working in multidisciplinary teams and are able to communicate very well with different (international) people;
• You have no objections to travel and occasionally work some days abroad
• You have a pro-active attitude and high quality mindset towards your assignment;
• Technically, you are an expert in your area, able to develop own ideas and stand up for their feasibility.
• 10 minimum years design experience
• Prior consumer or automotive experience. Large production volumes.