PROFILE (SENIOR) SOFTWARE DESIGNER
For an advanced development team working on interventional oncology solutions, we are looking for a (senior) software engineer/designer who:
• Analyzes users’ needs and system requirements, and designs, develops and tests software to meet those requirements
• Has a master or bachelor education in Computer Science or comparable field.
• Has at least 2-3 years of experience in C++/C#/.NET and WPF in a technical product environment
• Has a strong experience in software development and a strong affinity with medical imaging and/or medical devices
• Has experience in highly complex technical environments, yet knows how to keep the end user in mind
• Has excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Is self-propelling: who has the drive to initiate and investigate things, to build his/her own network, and not only organizes own work but is capable of steering others
• Likes to be part of a strong and focused development team in a very dynamic environment, while operating in close collaboration with clinical partners
• Is result-driven, accurate and quality minded.
In addition, candidates that have an interest and or experience in test automation are also invited to apply.
Cancer is a leading cause of death worldwide. In 2008, cancer counted for 7.6 million deaths around the world. By 2030, this is projected to exceed 13.1 million.
At Philips we aim at helping healthcare providers to treat cancer patients. This requires new and smart innovations in solutions that provide a confident diagnosis and personalized therapies.
Based at the High Tech Campus, located next to our innovation partner Philips Research in Eindhoven, the Oncology Solutions Advanced Development team is working on getting the first versions of those innovations ready for clinical use in the hospitals.
Our specific focus is in the domain of interventional oncology where we are working on solutions for a more accurate and precise cancer treatment that improve long-term outcomes while minimizing side effects.
We are guided by the quadruple seek: better patient experience and outcome, better health of the population, greater healthcare professional happiness, at lower cost.
We are a small and highly skilled multi-disciplinary team with a no-nonsense attitude and we are looking for a senior software designer that can help us in getting the these first of products ready for clinical use. To achieve this we closely work together with clinical partners across the globe.
Are you looking for a job where you can use your technical expertise to bring new innovations to the market in a field that matters and where your products can make a difference ?