Senior Embedded Software Development Engineer – IPL
As a Senior Embedded Software Development Engineer for IPL you will be working on new developments specifically for our latest innovation. The Philips Lumea comfort and Lumea Prestige embedded SW platform.
Your focus is on the development of the software and required documentation. Currently the direction of IPL is moving towards medically regulated devices in order to enter the US Market and to sustain the EU market after 2020 as well as to include connectivity to provide for added value to our end customers.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
• Translate user and product requirements to software requirements;
• Convert architecture and requirements into detailed design and specifications;
• Execute root-cause analysis of production problems and consumer complaints;
• Implementation itself: C, C++, communication protocols;
• Support and guide the verification process;
• Responsible for Continuous Integration and Code Quality;
• Support function development via defining and realizing models and prototypes;
• Expand you knowledge of medical device development and software life cycle (i.e. IEC 62304).
The Philips business group Personal Health delivers innovative lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. Our brand promise delivers innovation that matters to you, meaning that our products are caring, innovative & impactful. The sector builds on a deep understanding of people's needs and aspirations to create innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions.
Innovation site Eindhoven is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) Consumer Lifestyle. It focuses on the development of medically and non-medically endorsed lifestyle products. It is responsible for the end-to-end development and realization of new product propositions. The Innovation Site Eindhoven has the ambition to drive business growth by bringing existing, differentiating, new product propositions to market.
One of the key growth areas is the Beauty category, which encompass multiple sub-businesses: IPL and Skin Care.
As part of our highly skilled and motivated innovation organization, composed of various disciplines such as System Engineering, Product Research, Function Development, Electronics, Mechanical and Software, you will be encouraged to take responsibility in delivering Software based features and resolve challenging problems, and will be personally influencing the end results.
You’ll be reporting to the Functional Group Lead Electronics and Software Development and will be working within a team of highly motivated developers.
Location: High Tech Campus – Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
We are looking for
• You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Software Engineering or equivalent;
• Strong technical skills in Embedded SW development
• Relevant work experience in product development;
• Relevant experience with C and C++ programming language, and real-time operating systems;
• Experience with working in Agile Scrum teams;
• Experience with object oriented analysis and design;
• Experience with Wi-Fi and/or BTLE protocol, Wi-Fi certification knowledge (pre);
• You have experience and enjoy working in cross-functional teams; you are curious, open minded and feel at home in a dynamic environment;
• You are a team player with good communication skills
• You are creative as well as result-oriented