Remote Service - Learning Development and Delivery Specialist (Freelance)
Develop and deliver trainings for the Remote Services Curriculum as part of the Service Education Programs (SEP) organization.
The training you develop will take the form of computer-based training (e-learning), webinars, and instructor-led training (including virtual classes).
Responsibilities within Training Development:
- Ensure courses are created using a standardized creation process implemented per SEP procedures.
- Develop and deploy training for the Remote Services Curriculum project.
- Assess student skills using a range of evaluation methodologies.
- Represent SEP to other departments (Service Engineering, Field Service, Documentation, Engineering) to develop new courses and training packages, improve existing courses, ensure course content is up-to-date, and keep other departments informed of activities within Service Education.
- Revise training based on an approach that considers both innovative methods and cost effectiveness. This includes developing and implementing improved training processes and/or using alternative media such as videos, slides, overheads, Computer Based Instruction, etc.
- Review documentation from other departments for technical accuracy and incorporate into training documentation.
- Review current course content, determine content gaps based on established training needs, and identify content that is fit for purpose.
Within Training Delivery:
- Arrange systems, materials, and classrooms to ensure that courses can be delivered in optimum conditions (classrooms, systems and/or virtual lab environment)
- Coach students and help them find learning content efficiently.
- Deliver local courses online, on site, in the field, or other campuses worldwide.
- Ensure that departmental and safety regulations are followed to guarantee safety.
- Evaluate courses and survey students to improve course quality, meeting targets set by the team manager.
You are part of
The Curriculum Development team within Service Education Programs, whose role consists of training professionals at our main training sites and reports directly to the Market Readiness Manager.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experiences
- Bachelors Degree in Informatics, Computer Science, Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Extensive experience with Virtual Machines, Servers, and Networking (Network/Server certifications are a plus)
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and graphics creation programs such as Microsoft Visio.
- Availability to travel for up to 20% of the time, globally.
- 2+ Years of Philips Remote Service experience preferred (PRS/RSN)
- Experience with the following Philips tools is preferred:
- Common Analyzer Tool
- Philips Remote Service
- Philips Support Connect
- Remote Service Workspot.
- In Center REACTS Electronics Spare Parts Finder Didactical skills / CTT certification (a plus).
- Prepares lesson plans from engineering documentation, field service requirements or software documentation.
- Works with engineering, technical support and manufacturing to ensure that course material reflects current product features.
- Instructs participants in both classroom lectures and laboratory sessions.
- Follows up to determine applicability of course material.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- The development of the solution requires a multi-disciplinary approach and knowledge of principles, theories and concepts.
- Formulates the solution for (technical) partial problems that cannot be found by combining previous experiences but by composing newly acquired knowledge.
- May lead multi-disciplinary change projects, managing a number of people.
- Works independently and provides consultative advice within specific functional areas.
- Introduces methods/procedures that are new for the organisation.
- Applies advanced process principles to multiple tasks.
- Proficient in area of specialization and contributes in other disciplines.
- Determines feasibility of concepts or projects.
- Has basic knowledge of related disciplines.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree with 5 years of related experience; or a Masters degree with 5 years of related experience.
Preferably someone with
- Philips experience (
- knowledge of Remote Services
- Living nearby site Best
- Possible a longer position