A Project Leader determines project risks, defines corrective actions and tracks the project from start to closure.
Key areas of responsibility
• Formulates the overall project plan, in consultation with management and other parties concerned on base of the architecture plan.
• Defines the risks of the project (w.r.t. specs, costs, planning, etc) and develops scenarios to overcome these risks.
• Specifies the resources to be used, the manning of the project and the anticipated costs.
• Specifies the quality standard in the processes to be used.
• Acts in line with departmental and project processes.
• Organizes the project and arranges the management activities in terms of quality, time, money, information, and organization.
• Directs employees and gives them operational guidance, both technically and organizationally (where necessary, directs sub-Project Leaders).
• Reports on employees’ performance to the hierarchical superior of the employees for the purpose of appraisal and makes proposals for training the project members when shortcomings are observed.
• Is responsible for implementation and realization according to the project plan (specification, quality, time, money, information) and organization.
• Reports on the progress of the project with an agreed frequency on quality, status, time, and money to senior management and to the project members.
• Ensures that there is an effective transfer and archiving of the project results and the associated knowledge.
• Looks after the management of the project results.
• Represents the project team in the overall project.
Main experience required
• 2 years experience in directing (small) projects in relevant technological areas.
• Experience of analysis and design.
• University education in technical engineering of the relevant technology or has reached this level through another form of training or experience.
• Knowledge of project management methods, costs estimation techniques, etc..
• Knowledge and understanding of disciplines with which co-operation takes place.
• Specific knowledge of relevant area of application is desirable.
• Directing and motivating of project members; coaching skills required.
• Negotiating skills.
Required personality characteristics
• Power of persuasion, able to convey enthusiasm, people manager.
• Organizational talent, team player.
• Team motivation.