For Personal Health Solutions we are looking for a Product Researcher
You represent the voice of the customer throughout the innovation process, to ensure that Philipsâ health solutions and services make a meaningful difference to consumersâ and customersâ lives. Based on deep customer insights, you translate customer needs into health solutions and services that delight consumers and bring value to customers, working closely together with Marketing and Development.
1. The Product Researcher works in innovation projects, in your specific case, in the area of Personal Health Solutions, which include both Business-to-Consumer and Business-to-Business propositions.
2. You work as a business partner to scope the project definition and objective particularly concerning Insights, Benefits, Reasons-to-Believe and Claims Areas.
3. You collaborate with Marketing, Design and Market Intelligence to translate the general needs of market segments into actionable insights. You lead the search for and validation of customer insights in the area of personal health solutions unmet needs - using all appropriate (desk, qualitative, quantitative) research methods. For these insights, you collaborate with the project team to identify and validate the detailed customer needs and drivers for satisfaction and value.
4. You contribute to the definition of solution/service options based on in-depth understanding of these customer needs. You translate sharply defined needs into clear user requirements and technical deliverables - going beyond reliance on pure data and information toward a pragmatic / sensing approach in expressing customer needs.
5. You design and execute early user experience tests, using a range of tools and methods to prototype the user experience, to ensure that design decisions are underpinned with proper data.
6. You validate whether the solution/service meets user requirements, and you prove this following the relevant regulatory requirements.
Philips Personal Health is one of three market-driven sectors within Royal Philips Electronics, delivering lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. Our brand promise is Innovation & You. We aim to develop innovations that make a meaningful difference to peopleâs lives. The sector builds on a deep understanding of peopleâs needs and aspirations to create innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions.
Innovation Site Eindhoven is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) of Personal Health. It focuses on the development of medically and non-medically lifestyle products in the areas of Mother & Child Care, Beauty and Personal Health Solutions. The Site is responsible for the development and realization of new product and service propositions. Innovation Site Eindhoven is looking at a very challenging growth task to bring more new ideas, and increasingly digital innovations and services, to the global market. At Innovation Site Eindhoven, improving well-being is our passion, creating awesome consumer and customer experiences through real-life solutions. We are an honest and inspirational team, daring to be different.
A key department in this site is Product Research and Consumer Care. This function represents the Voice of the Customer in our Innovation & Development activities. It drives the translation of powerful insights into products and services that delight customers better than competition and live up to Philipsâ brand promise of Innovation & You. The influence of the department spans from insight generation, value proposition creation, solution development to market launch and forms a main link between I&D and the business. You will work in a team of Product Researchers and Consumer Care experts.
We are looking for:
â¢ Master degree (in Human Technology Interaction, User Experience Design, Industrial Design Engineering or other engineering discipline) AND relevant experience in Consumer Research and / or Marketing, OR
â¢ Master degree (in Social Sciences or Market Research) AND relevant experience in Technology businesses as part of a product development team.
â¢ At least 7 years of experience in Consumer Product Research and/or Marketing, preferably in a global and multi-disciplinary setting.
â¢ Ample experience across the innovation funnel, from Value Proposition Creation to Product Realization, and preferably with developing digital and connected propositions.
â¢ You have applied a range of research methods, tools and processes and know the ins and outs of each.
â¢ Passionate and driven to fully serve the customer and always outperform competition. Always looking for perfection.
â¢ Passionate about creating innovations and services that truly address customer needs and delight our consumers.
â¢ Conceptual, data/details driven, analytically strong and at the same time pragmatic and hands-on.
â¢ A strong team player. You are an excellent communicator and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes.
â¢ Courageous and smart thinker, able to continuously challenge the status quo.
Our offer: This concerns a maternity leave replacement from 1 July till approximately End of December 2017.