Process and Material Development Engineer (Freelance)
SCIL Nanoimprint solutions is a technology venture of Philips IP&S and develops and deliver solutions for high volume nanoimprinting on large wafers. Based on years of R&D in Substrate Conformal Imprint Lithography (SCIL) our solutions enable manufacturers of LEDs, lasers, optical components, solar cells, bio-sensors and many others to increase performance and lower end-product costs. We provide to our customers:
- Tooling and processes for small series and high volume production
- Consumables (stamp and imprint material)
- Dedicated processes for specific customer requirements
The Process and Material Development Engineer is a key player in the development of new processes and materials for SCIL. By building SCIL process knowledge he/she will be able to support customers (on site) with the implementation of SCIL processes.
Key areas of responsibility
- Execute development of SCIL processes and materials according to a defined plan
- Actively participate in defining the development roadmap of SCIL and plan development activities
- Produce customer samples of consumable materials as well as imprinted wafers on request of business development
- Support the product introduction process as well as portfolio improvement opportunities
- Identify opportunities for improvements and communicate these to the R&D manager
- Continuously develops his/her technological knowledge, by regularly contacts in - and outside the department
- Actively participate in the development, qualification and validation of products and processes
- Provide process support to customers both at our own location and on-site
- Actively participate in the manufacturing scale-up of the SCIL technology
- Comply with the ESH policy, rules and regulations.
We are looking for
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Preferably 3-5 years+ experience gained in process development and/or equipment engineering
- Good communication skills working in interdisciplinary teams
- Capability of planning, executing and delivering in fast working pace
- Ability to familiarize with state-of-art technologies and ability to apply when necessary
- Ability to balance innovation and practical realization
- Self-driven and proactive in achieving the goals in cross-functional environment
- General knowledge of LEAN and Design for Six Sigma is a plus
- Willingness to travel.