Assignment(s) / Nature of the Job
For our Mechanical Development & Integration (MDI) Department we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer who will work on product development from concept to proven detailed construction in a multidisciplinary team.
As a Mechanical Engineer you translate a chosen concept into an integrated mechanical construction. You design and validate the construction of a module of an appliance and further detail the parts in 3D and 2D towards final Technical product Documentation.
You work on product development from concept to detailed design in a team consisting of mechanical engineers, function engineers, application research, process engineers, electronic engineers etc.
As a Mechanical Engineer in the MDI Team you will be responsible for:
• Creating one or more alternatives for a module construction
• Module owner
• Proof that your construction fulfills the function(s) and requirements under all load cases (calculation, simulation, tolerance analysis, proto’s + testing)
• Detail 3D and 2D files incorporating Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly requirements and archiving in C PLM system (Windchill)
• Planning and realizing your own work and manage the interfaces with other modules/parts
• Re-use of existing knowledge (known concepts)
• Document your choices and proof in a Design History File (evidence document)
You will be part of the Mechanical Development and Integration department in Innovation team Male Grooming that consists of 50+ enthusiastic technical specialists within a total Male Grooming team of 300+ people. The projects are demanding for great results. You will report to one of the 3 group leaders of the MDI department.
On site / Off site:
Allocated 5 days on the site DTN
• You have an education on Bachelor (HBO) level in Mechanical Engineering (Wtb) / Industrial Product Design (IPO) with minimal 5 years of experience as a mechanical engineer in designing mass produced Consumer Products
• You are familiar with design and manufacturing of mechanical constructions in plastic and metal; experience with high precision metal constructions and drive mechanisms is a plus.
• Specific Experience: knowledge in specific competence area (eg. watertight appliances, UI, M&F) is a plus.
• You have the ability to proof construction concepts by calculation, simulation and/or prototypes
• You are familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques and CAD. You have knowledge of the design of mechanical constructions in plastic and/or metal and preferably you are familiar with the manufacturability aspects (mould/tooling design), analysis (strength, stiffness) and drive mechanisms;
• You have expert skill level in CAD NX 10
• You have experience in working in (international) multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer;
You show drive and are quality driven. Experience with Design for Six Sigma is a plus;
The ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
You are able to think on conceptual level but are also hands-on.
• Determination in decision making and independence;
• You are ambitious, a team player and you have good coordination, communication skills (writing and presentation in both Dutch and English)