Do you want to play a key role in the introduction of new products? As the Manufacturing Engineer, you are the representative of Operations in multi-disciplinary teams ensuring best in class transition from development to manufacturing.
In this role, you have the opportunity
To improve production processes with lean methodologies. You will improve product quality via DfX.
You are responsible for
As the Manufacturing Engineer, your responsibilities include:
• Defining, implementing new/changed processes and leading the first production models for projects within own Building Block.
• Defining, executing, controlling and documenting all process validation activities and related activities
• Introducing new production-methods (technical & logistic), within own Building block
• Working close together with other functions within Manufacturing, R&D and Quality to setup first time right processes
• Participating in supply chain teams, design teams, purchasing teams and securing the agreed manufacturing requirements
• Creating and maintaining manufacturing documents (e.g. work instructions) and providing training
• Defining and implementing improvements (e.g. via A3, Prince2, Green Belt,…) within the building block to increase yield, output and cost
• Analyzing field performance data (e.g. DEFOA), installation test-results, and customer related complaints, in order to initiate improvements.
• Preparing and introducing changes (products, components, production-processes) for released products.
You are part of
You will be part of the Global Operations IGT-Systems organization of Philips Healthtech located in Best, Eindhoven. The IGT Operations organization is responsible for the manufacturing, delivery and installation of medical devices used for Image Guided Therapy applications worldwide.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Bachelor or Master degree in e.g. Mechatronics, Mechanics, Industrial Engineering
• Production/Process or Manufacturing Engineering experience, however graduates are invited to apply as well
• Experience in leading multi-disciplinary (global) projects
• Experience in design transfer and manufacturing transfer projects
• Experience with FMEA, 8D, SPC, A3, Lean Manufacturing
• Preferably experience with process validation (pMap, pFMEA, IQ, OQ, PQ)
• Continuous improvement mindset and a result driven and quality driven approach
• Strong personal & communication (English & Dutch) skills,
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.