Lead Test Engineer (Contract)
Lead Test Engineer
As a Lead Test Engineer, you have the opportunity to:
Work at Philips Image Guided Therapy (IGT): a strong market leader in its field. Your work delivers a valuable contribution since you verify and validate the development deliverables in a project.
It is your chance to take the initiative to design and execute the optimal manual and automated test approach by applying your test capabilities, medical domain knowledge, and inputs from other disciplines (development, validation, application, and marketing). Why should you join Philips?
In this position, you are a part of:
The Business Unit Image Guided Therapy (IGT). Within Philips Healthcare in Best, this unit is responsible for marketing, development, and manufacturing of X-ray systems in the area of cardiac or vascular medical diagnosis and intervention (e.g. a dotter treatment). The customers are hospitals, medical specialists, and universities. Philips Healthcare develops and manufactures world-class medical products. One of its successful products is the Allura Xper and recently released Azurion X-ray scanner. The scanners are key in the treatment of Cardiovascular diseases.
You will be contributing to a team responsible for developing the software of the graphical user interaction. Delivering high-quality X-ray images in real-time is essential for this application.
You will be working closely with the Integration; Test Manager Software, Test Engineers, System Integrators, and Software Engineers.
You are responsible for:
- Taking the responsibility and ownership to declare the level of quality of the released system;
- Test Estimations;
- Design, review, execute and report well-founded test phase plans, test designs, and test cases;
- Reporting of test progress during daily standups and to the Integration;
- Be the bridge between verification on one side and quality on the other side;
- Review product requirements and designs from a test point of view;
- Analyze field problem reports and check for flaws in the used test approach, improve where necessary.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive test skills, coaches/leads colleague test engineers;
- Formulating proposals for improvements in domain and competence area; take initiatives both in current project team issues and in domain issues;
- Creating major impact in the project with respect to test strategy choices and validation decisions;
- Enforces test approach within development;
- 3-5 years experience in development and testing;
- Analytical and conceptual skills;
- Takes personal ownership for own deliverables in terms of content, quality and time;
- Feels committed to agreed team deliverables.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.