Interoperability & Integration Architect Philips Research
In this role, you have the opportunity to
work in a team of Architects that are responsible for defining clinical content and standard based APIs for the development of innovative interoperable collaborative care solutions and ecosystems.
Philips sees interoperability between healthcare systems as one of the key areas that determine our success in the market and a key pillar of the strategy for developing new platforms and ecosystems. Healthcare systems are more and more part of connected ecosystems and have to exchange data with many other systems.
You are responsible for
• developing models for the representation of the healthcare content/data (e.g. care plans, pathways, vital signs) using standards
• developing standard based APIs for exchange of clinical content with other products and applications within the ecosystem
• to quickly test defined concepts by quick prototyping
• maintaining contacts with stakeholders across Philips businesses, Research and central architecture team are important to determine the direction of this work.
• promoting interoperability, standards, domain knowledge, innovative thinking and customer understanding;
• promoting trust, openness and leverage of external capabilities locally and globally;
You are a part of
The Philips Research Collaborative Care Solutions department. Philips Research is creating new technologies for use in healthcare solutions worldwide. Our department supports this by developing new customer centric ecosystems for the out of hospital population.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related field;
• Experience as a solutions architect, preferably in the healthcare domain;
• Able to analyze healthcare processes;
• Data modelling, object-oriented design and implementation;
• Working knowledge of RESTful APIs; XML, JSON and Java
• Experience with, and interest in, the healthcare IT standards such as HL7 FHIR
• Aptitude towards existing internal and publically available components, tools, and code libraries for re-use to expedite the development of prototype and proof of concepts rather than coding from the scratch
• Experience with healthcare IT systems such as EHRs;
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential;
• Interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills;
In return, we offer you
The chance to define how healthcare systems work together via open standards. Participate in implementations using these standards – from prototype, to trial to actual products using the latest SW technologies. Promote the use of standards to colleagues, discuss, and collect the needs for standards with Philips businesses.
If you enjoy working in an energetic atmosphere, with other professionals who share a passion for improving people’s lives, you belong with us.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions