Hardware Test Engineer
Hardware Test Engineer (Contract)
Location: High Tech Campus Eindhoven
Duration: 6 months (option for a longer contract/tenure)
Budget range: €3.250- 4900 per month
In this role, you will have the opportunity to make life better:
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So, whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
In the Hardware Test Engineer role you will be a part of the multidisciplinary Shared Platform Components Team and you will bring innovative 2D and 3D imaging clinical solutions to our customers around the world. We help physicians to decide, guide, treat and confirm the right care in real time during a minimal invasive procedure to enable better outcomes for each patient. We touch patients’ lives when it matters most and we aim to do it in the most reliable, effective and sustainable way.
Your responsibilities will be focused on new product development and supporting the hardware testing of our newest console elements and parts. You will be responsible for preparing, executing, and documenting the hardware tests for some of the console’s elements and parts. You will collaborate closely with the Hardware Design Engineers and System Verification Engineers.
When you choose to work at Philips you’ll work on life-changing projects; and contribute to innovative health technologies and solutions that improve billions of lives around the world.
You will be responsible for:
Setting up, preparing, executing, and documenting hardware element and part level tests, for both functional as well as non-functional aspects. You have to bring your competences to the limit to prepare and execute objective, reproducible and maintainable tests in a dynamic environment.
- Reviewing product specifications, writing test protocols and acceptance criteria, and executing, and documenting element and part level tests
- Analyzing test results, submitting problem reports and verifying solutions
- Managing hardware and software status of the test environment
- Providing feedback to the element/part design engineers, system design engineers, and system verification engineers about the element or part under test
- Determining the approach for element/part acceptance tests
- Participating in the validation of system test tools as needed
- Contributing to driving automated testing & hardware test engineering to the next level
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent relevant degree
- Several years of experience in testing electronics system elements or parts. Experience with mechanical testing would be nice to have.
- Prior experience with programming, scripting, and automation is preferred
- A basic understanding for engineering quality in the context of medical device development (documentation, traceability, sourcing) and quality systems
- Familiarity with 60601-1, 13485, and risk management standards
- Experience using laboratory tools equipment such as oscilloscopes and soldering stations, etc.
- High quality standards and a drive for continuous improvement
- Taking ownership with a pro-active mindset
- Eager to learn, both in the clinical and testing domain
- Tool experience: knowledge of PLM database(s) and test case management tools (e.g. DNG, Doors)
- 6-sigma knowledge is a nice to have
You are a part of
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common: An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In return, we offer you:
For this project, you’ll work for Philips and become a contract or permanent employee of YACHT (a Randstad company). As a contractor at Philips you'll enjoy cutting-edge challenges and unexpected experiences that make you a more in-demand professional. And as a YACHT employee, you can expect to receive ongoing support with your personal development and future prospects.
YACHT provides all employees with a range of benefits, including pension, social security payments and potential to earn a quarterly bonus as well as a mobile and travel allowance.
Why work on a project at Philips?
If you’re looking for meaningful work and a chance to tackle complex challenges, broaden your skills and expertise and become an even more sought after professional, you’ll find all that and more with project work at Philips.
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding talent to provide services at Philips. If you are selected to provide services for Philips, you will be employed by Randstad and will not be an employee of Philips.