With the exception of independent contractors, applicants for this role will be engaged through Randstad company. When making this application your details will be automatically shared with Randstad company for registration with them, who may also contact you about other opportunities with other clients.
GitHub SaaS DevOps Engineer (Freelance)
Project is closed
Posted Mar 8, 2022
Project ID: PHILJP00024802
Eindhoven, Noord Brabant
(Apr 1, 2022 - Mar 31, 2023)
49 - 73 €/hr
Application Deadline: Apr 1, 2022 12:00 AM
Philips Software Center of Excellence is driving Philips InnerSource-as-default vision where we must facilitate Philips Platforms and Businesses migration to GitHub SaaS based ecosystem and offer value-add services towards continuous value delivery through DevOps culture in a SaaS fashion.
Are you an expert on GitHub? Do you love infrastructure and build as code using modern CI/CD technologies such as GitHub Actions? Do you understand how end to end software development works and love pipeline automation to translate business needs into secure software pipelines? Do you also like helping developers to remove waste and friction? Then, keep reading ?
Key responsibilities include:
- Migration of source code and pull requests from a variety of existing GIT solutions to GitHub SaaS
- Integration with existing requirements and backlog management solutions such as Azure Boards
- Migration and integration with existing variety of CI/CD technologies such as: Azure Pipelines, Jenkins, GitLab or Bitbucket
- Design and Implement InnerSource and OpenSource Models
- Work with the user community to adopt new features, enable new use cases, and help resolve any issues
- Create customizations and tools to help support the team?s needs (PM, Dev, Test, & Ops)
- Work with DevOps teams to create/enhance/maintain tools and pipelines supporting various requirements
- Monitor the health of the solution and take proactive steps to ensure reliable availability and performance
- Monitor/Maintain/Enhance build systems/scripts/tools
- Ensure security compliance for the infrastructure
- Maintain a reliable, scalable and performant service
- Enabling data compilation, analysis, to effectively present trending reports live
- Create and continually improve procedures and work instructions to ensure reliable, repeatable results
- Automate wherever possible
- Bachelor's degree or other equivalent degrees
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and the objectives of the team.
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment.
- Experience 7-8 years in similar DevOps role/function
You are a part of
The Philips Software Centre of Excellence competencies team with diverse technical abilities and backgrounds. This team used a combination of top down, bottom up and middle-out approaches and exploits formal and informal influence channels to achieve their goals. We are all passionate about software.
We are looking for someone who enjoys being the link between business and IT. Someone capable of understanding and refactoring software architecture but very hands-on and multidisciplinary on solving software development and operations challenges. Other skills and experience we are looking for are:
- Strong experience in Core Git, GitHub Actions, SonarQube, Docker tools and technologies
- Intermediate level coding skills in Python, Bash, Groovy and Perl
- Strong knowledge of developer workflow with GIT
- Fresh experience working with building CICD pipelines, configuration management, infrastructure and build as code
- Strong knowledge of application lifecycle workflows and processes involved in the design, development, deployment, test, and maintenance of software systems in the Windows/Linux environment
- Excellent working knowledge in one or more continuous integration tools like GitHub Actions (preferred), Jenkins, Azure Pipelines or GitLab
- Experience with tools such as Ansible, Chef, Terraform is desired
- Working knowledge on creating and managing AWS infrastructure using Infrastructure-as-Code is a definite plus
- Good understanding of virtualization and experience supporting virtualized environments is desired
- Azure DevOps knowledge with experience would be an added advantage
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and great attention to detail
- Ability to take ownership and work independently in a demanding environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working with a global team is a definite plus
? Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and the objectives of the team
? High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
? Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
In return, we offer you
The Opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we are used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
+ Search all projects
Freelance Identity & Access Management - Subject Matter Expert (ZZP)
Best Best , Brabant - 40 hrs/week