Frontend Software Engineer in data and digital applications
Philips has a long history of successfully introducing innovative products to the market (lamps, CD players, medical imaging equipment, patient monitors, etc). Today, Philips is connecting its products to the digital world, introducing new services and integrated solutions based on digital technologies. Therefore, Philips Research and Philips product divisions rely more and more on data and digital products which are the core of new Philips intelligent solutions. We are looking for a candidate to join the Personal Care & Wellness department of Philips Research to work on applications within the Personal Care arena. The candidate should have knowledge and experience in the broad area of web and user interface technologies.
As a SW engineer in the digital field, you will:
• Develop web based user interfaces for desktop and mobile platforms that will visualize different kind of data.
• Work closely with our UX team to create a modern and innovative user experience and push the boundaries of data visualization.
• Collaborate with our artificial intelligence (AI) team to apply algorithms on health data and interpret the extracted data and patterns
• Participate in research projects that address data analytics challenges and create relevant modules and tools that enables their work.
• Explore, experiment and pilot in internal concept creation projects
An overview of your tasks:
• Develop high quality software and ensure compatibility with different platforms (Desktop, Android, iOS)
• Pro-actively make knowledge available for operational use within Philips Research and Philips, by making modules reusable by others as well contribute to successful transfers of research results to customers;
• Keep abreast of technical, application and market developments in the relevant technological and industrial areas, showing interest in the business aspects;
• Contribute pro-actively to a creative and inspiring working environment.
Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 100 years of experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we're dedicated to bringing meaningful innovations that improve people's lives. We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and first-of-a-kind product development. For more insights you can visit: www.research.philips.com
The mission of the Personal Care and Wellness department in Research is to lead Philips Personal Care business into the Digital era through world-class innovations based on data science in the context of skin and hair domain knowledge. The focus of the department is on applying and advancing the automated methods used to extract new insights/knowledge from skin/hair data and personal care routines. The department builds on several interconnected competences including skin physiology, physics and optics, data analytics and user experience. We use the advances in the aforementioned scientific disciplines, as well as new digital platforms to create innovation for Philips Personal care business by extracting insights from various sources like health records, sensors, mobile devices, Web, and social networking sites in the context of skin and personal care routines.
We are looking for:
Our ideal candidate has:
• A Bachelor/MSc in computer science or another relevant area providing good foundation in computer science.
• Affinity with the research way of working
• Working experience with at least one modern reactive framework such as Vue.js, React or Angular.
• Basic knowledge in Linux and Cloud environments.
• Experience in developing cross platform application using technologies such as React Native or Apache Cordova is a plus.
• Experience in Node.js or Electron is a plus.
• Proven capabilities and at least 2 years of experience
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong personal relationships at all levels, both internal and external to Philips Research; with customers, obtain their user needs and be able to transform those into practical solutions
• Team worker in multidisciplinary and international settings, able to adapt quickly
• Curious, proactive, fast learner able to quickly pick up new areas