Front-End UI/UX Designer & Developer
We are looking for a developer and user experience designer with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences, to join our global optimization team. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual excels at providing both analytical as well as creative ideas to a design engagement. You will be collaborating to design and build components for A/B test and user tests for the Philips website. The focus will be on design and development.
The Digital Optimization Team sits within the Group Digital team within Philips headquarters in Amsterdam. Group Digital is the principle central digital marketing and sales function that is charged with digital thought leadership and the deployment of digital capabilities globally.
The Digital Optimization Team is a small but very experienced team with optimization experts, designers/developers and analysts that work together to set up AB tests for new website advise on next steps for implementation based on test-results. The team is responsible for developing test methods and getting requirements from the business and quickly turn them into testable designs to produce rapid insights and direct UX and conversion impact.
• Ideate and develop A/B tests to improve the user experience for the Philips Store
• Creating interaction and visual designs (mockups/prototypes) as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Looking for new ways to improve Philips Store develop and implement A/B tests
Skills & Experience
• Expert in visual design and execution
• Expert in interaction design and execution
• Experience with responsive website design and development
• Ability to write high-performance, reusable code
• Experience with design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Proto.io etc.)
• Comfortable designing within brand guidelines
• Experience developing for cross-browser functionality
• Empathy for the end user
• Experience working with a version control system (GIT)
• Comfortable working on a command line
• 5+ years of experience building web sites and applications
• Fluent in English
Days per week
5 days per week.
Intention to stay within the team as a long-term position. Contract renewal per quarter.