Electronics Designer (Freelance)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
accelerate innovation and participate in the creation of new healthcare products that matter. Together with a multidisciplinary team you will define, design, realize, integrate and verify complex electronic circuits that are part of our healthcare products and systems. In particular you will contribute to our battery platform activities and pack development projects.
You are responsible for
- Technical investigations for battery platform related elements like Battery Management System and cell selection.
- Understanding technical details of platform building blocks & work proactively with architects
- Design and Realization of analogue, digital and power electronic circuits.
- Modeling and simulation of circuitry using tools like LTSPICE, and Matlab/ Simulink.
- Application of safety and quality standards like IEC60601-1, UL, EU-MDR, FDA that apply to complex electronic systems in the Healthcare domain.
- Working with identified requirements and support the verification team to define & run tests
- Working with the suppliers on designs & improvements ? DfA, DfM, in-line testing etc.
- Providing sufficient direction and support to suppliers.
- Supporting the reliability teams with necessary input and activities.
You are a part of
The Electronics Systems and IoT department is part of Philips Engineering Solutions and located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven (the Netherlands). Our department is an integral part and differentiator of almost all Philips products and services, delivering world-class hardware platforms, analog, mixed signal and RF designs, medical devices, power supplies, connectivity modules and development and engineering services.
Our team supports exploratory work, fast realization of prototypes as well as effective product development, by applying in depth knowledge of the most innovative connectivity solutions, integrated platforms and standards, in combination with an Agile development approach. You will work in a team of about 100 (senior) electronic designers and architects.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master or Bachelor degree in Electronic Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in analogue and digital electronic product development.
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams and multi-site development.
- Broad profile, with competences like analogue design, battery management, EMC awareness and power electronics.
- Experience with developing medical devices.
- Excellent communication skills and a customer centric attitude combined with a problem solving and pragmatic approach combined with a can-do attitude.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of your time, partly to the US, with short lead times.
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences.