Electro-Mechanical Engineer, MR R&D
As the Electro-Mechanical Engineer, you are responsible for designing and developing MR products for hospital and outpatient radiology facilities. You will work with a team of mechanical, electrical engineers, systems engineering, manufacturing and service engineers to take products from concept through design into production using sound design approaches to meet the needs of our customers and their demanding environment.
In this role as Electro-Mechanical Engineer you are responsible for the design, realization (schematics, drawings), integration and (electro-mechanical) test of sub-systems, components or modules on the basis of design specifications in accordance with the functional specifications.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Work in multidisciplinary project teams
• Specialist in DfX, e.g. design for product cost, warranty, installability, reliability.
• Breakdown of specifications into detailed specifications
• Document development efforts for the (electro)mechanical subsystem, component or module, including requirements, specifications, plans, reviews, test procedures, and test reports as input in the planning process of the project.
• Coordinate, support and execute product tests to provide a traceable verification of the product.
Challenging tasks on a technically very interesting product
the opportunity to improve a product that is really useful to society
For those with drive and skills the opportunity to grow beyond your initial tasks
A pleasant work environment with flexible working hours
You will be part of the Business Unit Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) within Philips Healthcare. The Business Unit MRI is responsible for marketing, product development and lifecycle management of 3T, 1.5T High/Mid performance, HFO and 7T Research MRI systems. In the MR Development group you will be part of the HW department with focus on the cost down activities throughout the system.
We are looking for
• Someone with a bachelor (HBO) Degree in electro / mechanical / mechatronics engineering.
• Disciplined team worker. Ability to work independently and to act pro-actively.
• Support selection of critical components and technologies
• Who has experience in working with suppliers to realize parts and to resolve technical issues
• Experience with document control systems (e.g. Agile, Clearquest).
• Who knows that starting with proper requirements is essential en that the work is only done when the paper work is also finished
• Who takes pride in delivering quality work both in products as well as in documentation.
• Knowledge of FDA and IEC Standards
• Knowledge of Pro/Engineer and WindChill
• Previous experience in Healthcare is a pré, as well as a green belt education
• Work in a team with mechanical and system engineers
• Have interactions with suppliers on product design, produce-ability, product quality and cost
• Work on a diversity of components in the MR Scanner