Do you have DevOps mindset and the technical skills to provide communication, integration, automation, and close cooperation among all the people needed to plan, develop, test, deploy, release, and maintain software for our IGT systems? Are you able to manage the system software configuration throughout the whole lifecycle? Are you pro-active and someone who can drive change? Then we are looking for you!
As a DevOps Engineer, your responsibilities include:
• Take ownership for activities such as setting up build and test management frameworks, managing archives in a version control system and take care of software releasing
• Translate the software architecture concepts into a configuration management implementation in cooperation with project architects, test- and integration managers and the Competence Group Technical Applications (CG-TA) both in the Netherlands and in India.
• Participate as the DevOps expert in the development projects and maintenance activities to provide the best infrastructure and automation for continuous integration, continuous (unit) testing and releasing.
• Define and implement build en test infrastructure improvements that enables the effective software development processes and high quality of software deliverables taking into account maintenance responsibility for released products over range of 10+ years.
• Tool validation of the chosen DevOps tools
The Image Guided Therapy Systems (IGT-S) development organization consists of 450 people, from which 110 people work in software development. Software is developed by teams, each focusing on a specific part of the system. The DevOps team (12 members) is responsible for the Software Development Infrastructure that includes Software Sets, Version Control, Tool validation, IT Security, OS Builds and frameworks for continuous integration, continuous (unit) testing and releasing. By ways of automation, the relatively small team is able to support all IGT system projects including the entire software development community.
We offer the opportunity to play a role in the development of IGT Systems from Concept Start till End of Life and to contribute to the way our innovations improve the health of our customers. You will work in close cooperation with global development teams across Philips, playing a central role in creating and maintaining a state of the art Software Development Infrastructure. We invite you to be part of a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for personal development.
We are looking for someone with …
• At least a Bachelor degree in SW Engineering, Informatics, Computer Science or equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in either software configuration management, software product development or DevOps engineering.
• Experience in software development methodologies such as agile, scrum and V-model
• A set of strong technical skills in configuration management (configuration items identification, version control, build management, release management, change management)
• A strong grasp of Configuration Management Tools and build and tests automation tools
• The Ability to code and script
• Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
• Experience with systems and IT operations
• Data management skills
• A strong focus on business outcomes
• Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
• A ‘lean” person who can drive change and continuously seeks improvements and ways to reduce ‘waste’.
• Experience in working in a Healthcare Product development environment is an advantage