Cost Category Manager HR (Freelance)
Initiate, develop and implement best in class Cost Category strategies and concepts to deliver sustainable value and competitive differentiation for Philips. We are redefining the way we handle indirect procurement, and we would like you to be part of it and lead our efforts through.
You are responsible for
Co-owning - together with the leaders from the Business, Markets and Functions - the HR cost category (focus on External Workforce & Future of Work) within the Commercial & People Cluster. You will be accountable for the end-to-end spend management performance of your area across the entire company.
With entrepreneurial and consultancy approach your goals will be to consolidate and utilize industry benchmarks, domain insights and new ways of working to co-develop fit-to-purpose strategies. You will ensure that the strategy leads to compelling business cases for the company including clearly defined implementation plans and initiatives.
You will contribute to a high-performance team culture to adopt innovation and encourage others through your behavior: being open, courageous, inclusive and committed to the Philips Business Systems and values.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Plan, optimize and control the Cost Category Strategy Development of your area (approximately 450M - spend in scope)
- Relentlessly challenge the status quo and focus on larger-scale impact by using deep domain insights & benchmarking to develop breakthrough strategies for Cost Category, and Funnel opportunities. Develop business cases in conjunction with project managers and SMEs.
- Define value drivers and spend parameters to enable most effective spend target setting/planning. Maintain the relationship with the functional counterpart(s) in close alignment with the respective Business Partners/Orchestrators.
- Build, coordinate and manage cross-functional network in the organization and conduct Fit for Purpose conventions to define value and cost drivers, spend parameters, quality & services levels and high-level Funnel opportunities (price & quantity)
- Develop optimum Value Creation Model fit for demand
- Conduct Value Stream Mapping to define optimum sourcing/integrator model (e.g. direct sourcing vs. integrator, sourcing vs. allowances, service provider, market place concepts)
- Design optimum cost governance and spend policies and manage Business/Market/Functions alignment/councils
- Act as the HR Spend Management Orchestrator (key procurement contact towards the HR Function)
You are a part of
The Spend Management organization within the Integrated Supply Chain (ISC). Spend Management covers the procurement activities of all indirect (non-product related) materials and services within Philips covering such areas as marketing, IT, facility management and travel, etc.
As we spend approximately "5 billion annually on indirect services and products, this organization plays a key role to achieve Philips" KPIs. A Spend Management transformation has been started recently to ensure that Philips gets the most value out of every euro spent. You have an opportunity to join a dynamic and multi-functional team, seeking to create a significant impact on our company.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master's degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent
- 6+ years experience in Procurement functions, with specific experience in managing Global Workforce transformation programs
- Track record in effective concept development, be able to think outside the box
- Solid financial acumen and strong analytical skills
- Proven track record in global Project / Program Management
- Strong networking and influencing skills
- Ideally proven experience in related functional areas
- Ideally experience in Supplier Strategy Development
- Understanding of Source-2-Contract and P2P processes