You are one of the Engineers of the R&D Hardware group Patient Handling & Cooling/Infra, you are designing and developing hardware of MR products for hospitals. Together with our System Architect and the Systems Engineering department, you will take products from concept through design into production using DfX (FMEA,DFMA etc) approaches to meet the needs of our customers and their demanding environment. You have experience in mechanical as well as electrical engineering and you have experience or a wish to work closely with procurement to support supplier transfer of components. Next to mechanical and electrical skills, it is all about your attitude and behavior. The right mindset, communication skills and behavior will get you the results we ask and will ensure your own growth in any direction you want within Philips MR.
You are responsible for
Mechanical & Electrical design and support of supplier transfer of components that are in the technical room of the Philips MRI systems. In this role as a Mechanical/Electrical Engineer you are responsible for the design, realization (schematics, drawings and documents), integration and test of sub-systems, components or modules on the basis of design specifications in accordance with the functional specifications. As we do not want to harm people with our MR systems, which can be very dangerous when malfunctioning, so predictability, reliability and traceability of our design is essential. Thus, documentation and the documentation process play an important role in our development.
You are a part of
The Business Unit, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) within Philips Healthcare. The Business Unit MRI is responsible for marketing, product development and lifecycle management of 1.5T and 3T High end and Mid-range performance. In the MR Development group you will be part of the Hardware Research & Development group Patient Handling & Cooling/Infra. This group consists of roughly 15 mechanical/electrical engineers; you will work together with several other groups in-house, and even abroad. As you will experience, Philips is a large and international organization.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Especially being in such a demanding and time-to-market business with a real global focus this is a great place to obtain multiple experiences on top of the technical. The proper way of introducing evolutionary changes to our beloved MRI systems is product engineering in the purest form and a great way to gain experience in this area. Quality is right on the top of Philips leadership agenda and that means you have the unique opportunity to come in and have a recognized voice to drive and witness exciting, transformational changes. You will be empowered to drive high quality, groundbreaking innovations with a globally recognized, premium brand behind you. That is a commitment Philips Quality Leadership team has made and stands by.
• Master / bachelor in Mechanics, Electronics, Mechatronics (starter = ok)
• Proven experience in mechanical & electrical skills
• Affinity with mechanical design of cables, thermal behavior is a plus
• MS Office expert: perfect in Excel
• Be expert user in version control of TPD.
• Experience in Transfer of data to and from relevant suppliers, including Engineering change and End-of-Life issues
• Knowledge of FDA and IEC Standards is a plus
• Disciplined team worker, ability to work independently
• Ability to present ideas and to convince project team members
• Be structured and self-organized
• Positive ‘can do’ attitude
• Team player, drive for results
• Quality mindset in analysis and documentation
• Global mindset
• Excellent communication, calling instead of emailing and speak/write fluently English;
Sign up for new opportunities