Computer Vision Scientist (Freelance)
In this position, you will have the opportunity to drive innovations for the Philips patient monitoring portfolio as part of a cross-functional research team. The work is application-oriented aiming at competitive measurement solutions which are driven by technical progress, new and improved clinical workflows, changing customer/patient needs and new business models. Recent development in computer vision and video analyses allowed extraction of vital signs and other physiological parameters of patients by means of a contactless, camera-based remote sensing. Such unobtrusive measurement allows design of new solutions for efficient, context aware monitoring of patients across continuum of care: from precision diagnosis (MRI, CT), up to home healthcare. As expert in computer vision, you will be responsible for design, development, implementation, testing and optimization of innovative signal processing algorithms and their real-time SW implementations tailored to clinical workflows and clinical needs.
You are responsible for:
- Applying existing and researching new signal processing / algorithmic techniques to analyze video signals with the goal to extract vital signs and physiological information of a person under various real life conditions.
- Tailoring computer vision algorithms to clinical applications and workflows to robustly extract physiological parameters from 2D, 3D video data according to established clinical requirements
- Evaluating and optimizing algorithm concepts based on simulated and clinical data
- Contribute to design of the measurement protocol and the signal acquisition system in clinical studies to meet the intended objectives of the study
- Programming on higher level platforms, and support SW teams in design and optimisation of real time proof of concepts and demo systems
You are a part of
Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 100 years of experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we are dedicated to bringing meaningful innovations that improve people's lives. We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and first-of-a-kind product development. For more insights you can visit: www.research.philips.com.The Patient Care & Monitoring department comprises 60 highly skilled professionals. The focus of the department is to provide clinically relevant and business-compatible solutions for high- and low-acuity care settings, including vital signs monitoring, data-driven connected systems, as well as enabling services. At the heart of our capabilities lies an interdisciplinary team with expertise on human physiology, electronic/systems design, algorithm design, IT architecture and clinical workflows, which are being leveraged to develop integrated propositions from idea to concept, up to the transfer of a prototype into one of our businesses. We work, already at a very early stage, with our key businesses and leverage our strong academic and clinical network. The department is involved in early technology scouting up to first-of-a-kind product development for acute and transitional care settings.
The successful candidate will join the team. Remote Sensing of the Patient Care & Monitoring department.
The location of this position is the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- PhD or Master's degree in signal processing, image and video analysis, computer vision
- Application oriented signal processing and/or computer vision expertise, understanding of the latest approaches for 2D, 3D data analysis.
- Experience with design of AI/ML computer vision algorithms, affinity with the latest approaches for object and motion recognition and analysis
- Experience with optimization of complex computer vision and signal processing algorithms for real-time SW implementation
- Understanding of the latest developments in camera sensing technologies ( incl. 3D), optics.
- Experience with writing scientific articles in high rank engineering or medical journals, presentations of scientific results on international conference
- Strong programming skills in Matlab, Python, C/C++
- Algorithm development from design through implementation and performance optimization
- Good communication, presentations skills and ability to convince people
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Required personal characteristics
- Highly motivated, flexible, social and disciplined team player
- Eager to define, set-up and shape new innovation directions
- Enthusiastic, representative and entrepreneurial personality
- Research and innovation mindset
- Eager to learn and improve e.g. by new technologies and skills, process improvements
- Creative, and abstract thinker with a good balance to application
- Result-driven, accurate and quality minded
- Ambition to create value for our custom