(Sr.) Electrical Designer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Play a significant and impactful contribution as electrical designer in the development of a new medical device product within EPD business of Philips.
Play a key position for the growth of Philips Innovation Services as an electrical designer having familiarity with the mechatronics domain and the medical equipment domain.
As an electrical designer, you will work in a multi-disciplinary project team of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and our customers.
You are responsible for
- Define and align on concept level the electrical requirements and specifications for EPD products bringing in input from the reIevant stakeholders
- Define, communicate and evolve a shared technological and architectural view of the electrical design.
- Validate technology assumptions, evaluate alternatives, and define higher-level functional and non-functional requirements of the electrical design.
- Provide electrical design, alignment with technology and business roadmaps and strategies, and technical leadership for the electrical team.
- In a later stage heIp define the project for building the chosen electrical design
- Initiate and supervise the implementation and usage of the electrical design
- Gather, define, write and document the electrical requirements specifications, usually based upon higher level system requirements & the system design specification;
You are a part of
The Mechatronics department of Philips Innovation Services (PInS) that is responsible for specification, design and realization of high-end mechatronic solutions. In this department is the group EIectricaI Systems & Motion Control SW responsible for the electrical and software control of these equipment and products.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master degree in electrical engineering
- Experience of 5-10 years within R&D HighTech Engineering (at Ieast 3 years as Sr. Electrical Designer)
- High understanding of Mechatronic system knowledge on medical product development (cabling, connectors, sensors, actuators, EMC aspects)
- Experience with applying AD and PDLM processes in Philips is preffered
- Experience with medical product/device development
- Able to abstract from existing situation and roadmaps on conceptual level, but also able to translate conceptual level back to actionable / practical design
- Able to guide / steer the implementation (expected from Q4 onwards)
- Good communication skills to interact with the other disciplines within the team and even more important with multiple business partners on technical and business level.
- Eager to team-up, not afraid to learn new things, Can Do mentality
- Academic thinking IeveI
- Communicative, creative and agile team-player
- Customer centric attitude
- Able to make a work break down and a planning for the foreseen activities
- You have interest in the domains medical equipment, industrial automation and mechatronics
In return, we offer you
We provide a path towards your best career; within Philips Innovation Services you will get the possibility to work on a variety of projects where you will be responsible for the electrical design and will work in close cooperation with people of other mechatronic disciplines on cutting edge technology.
The challenges, inspiring teams, learning resources and unexpected career experiences you?ll encounter here will make you a more marketable professional. You will be equipped to be in full control of your desired career wherever you want to go.