UX Designer (Freelance)
At Philips Domestic Appliances Experience Design, we believe in the groundbreaking power of Design in delivering consumer centric propositions with a strong focus on sustainability. We are an integral and valuable part of the organization and its long heritage. We have earned and continue to earn our place as a leading consumer tech organization by placing the people in the center of our work and in delivering integrated solutions across our global product portfolio.
Our designers are among the smartest and talented designers of a global community. We take pride in our work and continuously shift design paradigms, improve our ways of working and unlock new market value by providing an inclusive working environment of trust, collaboration, empowerment and curiosity.
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
- Define user experience for mobile products: translating business requirements and user needs for our consumer facing business.
- Lead design activities in multidisciplinary project teams of designers, researchers, engineers, product managers, and strategists to bring user centric experiences to market.
- Partner with researchers to conduct usability tests that advocate user's needs to ensure products that surprise and delight.
- Work in an agile team environment with autonomy and ownership of your work.
You are responsible for
- Design thinking & strategy: Lead design thinking workshops. Create user experience journeys, wireframes and user scenarios. Contribute to strategic decisions and guide teams with clarity and accuracy.
- Usability research: Create testable prototypes for online and offline user tests. Collaborate with researchers to create hypothesis and assumptions for concept validation and usability testing.
- UX principles: Define and apply interaction principles with empathy to user contexts within existing Philips Domestic Appliances design language system.
- Communicate with stakeholders: Have good communication skills to present concepts to marketing, software development, and research.
- Technical: Understand opportunities and challenges of technology and stay updated on high tech trends. Assess when technology is appropriate for business requirements and user needs.
- Finished design delivery: Responsible to deliver high quality designs for development. We look for those talented hybrid UX designers able to also deliver visual design and able to co-ordinate with other supporting disciplines such as; motion designers, copy writers etc
You are a part of
Our Experience Design team that is the heart of Philips Domestic Appliances, shaping the way people experience our brand, products and services. As proud custodians of our Brand's, we make sure design is always the starting point for innovations. At Experience Design, we believe that good design is about creating solutions that satisfy people's needs, empower them and make them happier.
The UX Designer role will be based in our Head Quarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. You will work in a multidisciplinary design studio responsible for global design. You will work across our entire portfolio of consumer products. From early research to market delivery at scale. On a daily basis, you will work closely with other designers of a larger cross-functional Philips Domestic Appliances team. Your peers in Design will include product, communications and program management.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- You have a minimum of 5+ years in UX design in consumer facing with at least one project in a lead position.
- You are passionate about making intuitive and engaging digital experiences
- You are on top of tech and design trends
- You have an interest in "turning houses into homes" with meaningful technology
- You have the ability to articulate and enable your design solutions with user-centered design
- You have the confidence to ask questions and challenge the status quo with research
- Experience in using the following tools: Sketch, Figma, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, and online research tools.
- Fluent business communication in English.r
- Include a portfolio in your submission showing UX leadership in complex projects.
In return, we offer you
Projects that really put your skills to the test, lots of learning opportunities, the ability to work in a talented multinational and multicultural environment. In Philips Domestic Appliances Experience Design we always believe in the groundbreaking power of Design in delivering consumer centric propositions with a strong focus on sustainability. You will be surrounded by passionate and committed, colleagues who share your ambition to create outstanding customer experiences. Your work will be ambitious and full of opportunities for growth.
Why should you join Domestic Appliances?
Philips? Domestic Appliances business is a global leader with EUR 2.3 billion in sales in 2020 in kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care and home care appliances, used by millions of people every day across the world.
In January 2020, Philips announced that it would be considering new ownership options for Domestic Appliances, as it is not a strategic fit for the company's future as a health technology leader, and committed to finding the right home for the business to ensure that it is set up for continued success serving customers, leveraging the Philips brand and driving growth across the markets that it serves.
In its 128-year history as a leading innovator, Philips has had to reinvent itself a number of times to remain competitive. This has involved several high-profile divestments, resulting in the company's successful track record in managing complex change of this scale. Such transformations offer unique opportunities for employees to ?make their mark? and gain expertise in a specific and dynamic environment - those who can deliver results while navigating and contributing to changes will gain unique skills and perspective that will prove valuable for the rest of their careers.