Training Manager (Freelance)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
• Work closely together with the Philips Quality Management Systems (PQMS) Markets Central teams, the Market Quality & Regulatory (Q&R) Leaders, the Function Leaders and Global Quality Compliance Learning team.
• Execute the project plan defined by the company to move to new ways of working (role- based education model): ensure we can assign the right training, to the right person, at the right time.
You will work both on training management (70%) and QMS activities (30%) .
Training management activities: ensuring that our training process and activities are fit-for-purpose and compliant with the medical device regulations, ensuring that we assign the right training to the right person, measuring and reporting on the efficiency of the existing training practices and processes; and actin upon.
QMS activities: supporting the deployment of new and updated quality processes, ensuring that people are properly trained to these, to ultimately ensure that these processes are properly adopted.
You will be working from our Eindhoven office, but working from home up to 2 days a week is possible as well.
You are responsible for
• Deploying and maintaining a lean, effective and compliant training process and training administration model
• Ensuring the Training Management System complies to the intended use and the regulatory requirements for Medical Devices
• Supporting and deploying the Role Based Model Education Model for the Markets:
- Prepare, align, clean-up and harmonise training curricula for PEPF process in scope,
- Plan and execute transition and deployment while maintaining compliance and effectiveness throughout the duration of the transition.
- Maintain and update curricula for legacy processes to prevent any training gap
• Supporting the transition & deployment of associated QMS processes while enabling compliant training management and administration:
- Building and maintaining fit for purpose trainings curricula in cooperation with the Process / Document owner and the Markets’ Leaders (based on employees’ needs and process requirements)
- Ensuring training material is made available in cooperation with the Process / Document owner
- Assigning Markets’ Employees the right training curricula based on their job description (role(s)) and manager input)
- Driving and monitoring compliance by using monthly KPIs (Generating and providing managers and Quality organisation with reports for training compliance; and acting upon)
- Providing first line support for troubleshooting
- Assisting Process / Document Owners to notify trainees and/or managers of required training activity
- Assisting resource managers and employees to use the Training Management System and access training material
• Escalating training issues from the Markets to central QMS team/BPE/BPO’s/OCL as appropriate; and acting upon
• Representing and being the voice of Markets in the Enterprise-wide training project
• Evaluating efficiency of existing and new practices and acting accordingly
• Helping build a strong and innovative compliance training culture mindset
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
A person who is excited by the unique professional challenges that our Quality Transformation presents, with strong Quality, training and QMS competencies, and demonstrates resilience in challenging, and often demanding situations. We are looking for a change manager - a driver and executor who continuously strives for excellence as a way of life; not just as a job. We’re looking for someone who can inspire others to adopt this mentality of prioritizing quality and quality/compliance training above all else in a relentless pursuit to improve the quality of life for the billions of people our brand touches each year. Specific skill requirements for this role:
• Bachelor level with at least 5 years of experience in a highly regulated company (medical devices, pharma, automotive, food, defense, aerospace), working with ISO quality standards or GxP requirements
• Experienced with Training Management and Administration processes and practices, and with Training Management tools in the Quality field and aptitude for other software tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Microsoft SharePoint)
• Experienced with leading managing medium to large scales projects end-to-end, preferably in the field of Training and/or Quality
• Excellent organization skills and ability to operate efficiently and effectively in a matrix organization with a minimum of supervision
• Professional written and oral communication skills across all levels of the organization
• Accurate, superior planning, problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills (e.g. CAPA, root cause analysis) with attention to detail and follow-through.
• Quality driven, strong customer service focus, with the ability to influence others, at all levels, to achieve goals
• Flexible due to the worldwide scope
• Proficient in English