Sr. Process Engineer
Sr. Process Engineer
Place in the organization:
The department Function and Technology Development is part of the innovation chain of Philips Consumer Lifestyle in the business unit Male Grooming. The department contains about 60 engineers divided in functionally specialized groups and is responsible for the development of the primary function and realization of metal forming and machining processes for the production of high precision metal parts for Philips.
A Sr. Process Engineer is the owner of all knowledge necessary to develop and maintain a process within agreed performance indicators. He or she is responsible for (a part of) the industrial process design of our new high precision metal parts. Besides process specifications, the engineer is also responsible for creating the functional specifications for equipment and tooling
Our main technologies are cold forming, heat treatments, Electro Chemical Machining (ECM) and Electro Discharge Machining (EDM). Seniority is built up by the number of process steps a process engineer controls or by specialization in one of the main tasks.
The following main tasks are relevant for this job:
- Organize all competences (internal and external) necessary to maintain and develop the technology of your responsibility.
- Assess new product proposals on technical and economical feasibility.
- Define, set up and execute experiments to determine the relations between process and product parameters.
- Define, set up and execute experiments to map causes of deviation.
- Write functional specifications of all equipment and tooling necessary for controlled and robust production.
- Technical guidance of the outsourcing process of the above-mentioned equipment
- Implement process, equipment and systems in production
- Coaching of junior process engineers
- Training of production staff
- Academic or Bachelor degree in preferably Mechanics, Physics, Materials or Chemical technology
- Feeling for precision metal working and geometrical measurements
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methods (DfSS)
- Knowledge of FEM based development
- Excellent analytical skills
- Decisive, result driven and creative team player
- Ability to communicate on different levels (Management, technical specialists, external suppliers)
Sign up for new opportunities