Sr. Embedded Software Development Engineer Cortex-A
In this role, you have the opportunity to Participate in an innovative Research project where you will boost our wireless power (Qi and MP) innovation.
You are responsible for
-Analyzing user needs and system requirements;
- Architecture, design, development and test of the software to meet those requirements;
- Good understanding of the market needs and ability to translate them to implementation requirement while considering the overall solution;
- Promote domain knowledge, innovative thinking and customer understanding;
You are a part of
The Philips Research IoT & Embedded Intelligence department, which focuses on the application of technologies connecting the physical world to the digital world, like connectivity and high-performance computing. In our department scientists, architects and development engineers are working closely together with application specialists, other scientists and engineers in multidisciplinary teams in a highly innovative, challenging and inspiring environment.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Master or bachelor degree in Computer Science or comparable;
- Has at least 5 years of experience in C / C++ in a technical product environment;
- Has proven experience with embedded software development on bare metal (Cortex-A);
- Experience with the following tooling:
- Xilinx SDK v2017.4 (ARM Cortex A9);
- Xilinx Vivado v2017.4 (Xilinx Zynq XC7Z020);
- Segger Embedded Studio v4.16 (BLE, Nordic);
- STMCubeMX v5.0 (FOD Processor);
- IAR EW for Arm 8.40.2; o Source Tree, JIRA and Git Repository / Bitbucket;
- Is self-propelling: who has the drive to initiate and investigate requirements in a small team;
- Is result-driven, accurate and quality minded;
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
In return, we offer you
The chance to develop innovations that matter to people from the hospital to the home. You will design, implement and test the modules, together with maintaining the technologic road map. If you enjoy working in an energetic atmosphere, with other professionals who share a passion for improving people’s lives, you belong with us.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog.