Sr. Electrical Architect Mechatronics
In this role, you have the opportunity to
One of the Product Engineering responsibilities from the PE central role towards the PhiIips BUs is the set op of the Patient TabIe PIatform accross various medicaI equipment appIications. The electrical reference architecture and the motion control reference architecture has to be set up for this pIatform.
Play a key position for the growth of Philips Innovation Services as an electrical architect having familiarity with the mechatronics domain, the medical equipment domain and the motion control SW.
As an electrical architect, you will work in a multi-disciplinary project team of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and our customers.
You are responsible for
• Define and align on concept level the electrical and motion control reference architecture for patient tables bringing in input from the reIevant BUs
• Define, communicate and evolve a shared technological and architectural view of the patient tabIe pIatform electrical reference architecture.
• Validate technology assumptions, evaluate alternatives, and define higher-level functional and non-functional requirements.
• Translate business strategy into deployable solutions, reference and platform architectures.
• Provide electrical reference architecture, alignment with technology and business roadmaps and strategies, and technical leadership for architectural capabilities.
• In a later stage heIp define the project for building the chosen electrical reference architecture
• Initiate and supervise the implementation and usage of the reference and platform architecture
• Gather, define and write the electrical and motion control requirements specifications, usually based upon higher level system requirements & the system design specification;
You are a part of
The Mechatronics department of Philips Innovation Services (PInS) that is responsible for specification, design and realization of high-end mechatronic solutions. In this department is the group EIectricaI Systems & Motion Control SW responsible for the electrical and software control of these equipment and products.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Master degree in electrical or technical software engineering
• Experience of 10-15 years within R&D HighTech Engineering (at Ieast 5 years as Electrical Architect)
• High understanding of Mechatronic system knowledge on motion hardware (dynamics, controllers, sensors, actuators, cabling, mechanisms, design principles)
• Experience with applying A&PC processes, Reference architecture creation as well as platform creation
• Able to translate vision and business strategy into a reference architecture design within the full value-chain context
• Able to abstract from existing situation and roadmaps on conceptual level, but also able to translate conceptual level back to actionable / practical platform design
• Able to guide / steer the implementation (expected from Q4 onwards)
• Good communication skills to interact with the other disciplines within the team and even more important with multiple business partners on technical and business level.
• Eager to team-up, not afraid to learn new things, Can Do mentality
• Academic thinking IeveI
• Communicative, creative and agile team-player
• Customer centric attitude
• Able to make a work break down and a planning for the foreseen activities
• You have interest in the domains medical equipment, industrial automation and mechatronics
• Affinity with motion control software, familiarity with control system engineering
In return, we offer you
We provide a path towards your best career; within Philips Innovation Services you will get the possibility to work on a variety of projects where you will be responsible for the electrical and motion control architecture and will work in close cooperation with people of other mechatronic disciplines on cutting edge technology.
The challenges, inspiring teams, learning resources and unexpected career experiences you’ll encounter here will make you a more marketable professional. You will be equipped to be in full control of your desired career wherever you want to go.