SME Molding Engineer (Freelance)
Contribute to improve people's Health & Well-being through meaningful innovation, by connecting Innovation and Industrialization in the technical area.
Together with a project team, the molding engineer specifies and implements molding systems for mass manufacturing and as technical specialist, the molding engineer is responsible for the plastic part making process and takes care that molding systems are performing against product and production requirements.
You are responsible for
- Actively studying and informing about trends and new technologies of own technology area (including sustainability).
- Specify and outsource process, tools and equipment.
- Review activities of suppliers, implementation and provide aftercare.
- Define and execute capex-, improvement- and outsourcing projects. Actively use risk management tools
- Apply and improve standard procedures and supplier base management tools and methods. Develop and use of DFSS improvement tools. Support engineers regarding tools and methods. Apply lean manufacturing principles
- Apply and improve knowledge- and competence management for own activities.
You are part of:
The SME (Site Manufacturing Engineering) Molding team in Drachten.
The molding team develops & realizes world-class industrialization solutions for
- Male grooming: Shavers & One-Blade
- Mother & Child Care: Baby bottles and soothers
- Oral Health care: drive train
SME plans and implements integral architecture for product, process and supply chain to improve cost agility, time to market, volume mix flexibility & sustainability.
SME Molding develops partnerships (Turn Key suppliers) to speed up innovation and use their knowledge & state of the art technologies resulting in fast & smooth product launches.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical engineering
- Experience in injection molding
- Six Sigma or DMAIC trained (Green Belt)
- Good analytical and conceptual skills
- Decisive, result driven and creative team player
- Ability to influence stakeholders and team up with others
- Proactive approach, can-do mentality and hands on way of working.
- Can work autonomously and in teams
In return, we offer you
A challenging, innovative and dynamic environment with great opportunities for you to explore and learn.
The experience to work in multidisciplinary teams. Working with innovative external suppliers all over the world. Product design, product development and mass manufacturing on one site. This enables you to work in various projects and career opportunities.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences.