Service Innovation Engineer
Service Innovation Engineer
In this role as Service Innovation Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work for Philips, who simplifies healthcare by focusing on patients and (health) care providers. Through the combination of human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient care while lowering the burden on the healthcare system. Philips delivers advanced solutions for medical professionals to meet the needs of patients and provide affordable healthcare, whether in hospital or at home.
You will be a part of the Image Guided Therapy Systems - Customer Services - Service Innovation team.
The Business Unit ˜Image Guided Therapy Systems™ (IGT-Systems) is responsible for the Marketing, Development, Manufacturing, and Service of X-ray systems (including the Quality & Regulatory aspects), in the area of cardiac or vascular medical diagnosis, intervention (e.g. balloon angioplasty and stent procedures), and surgery. Customers are interventional specialists operating in a wide variety of hospitals across the globe.
Within IGT-Systems, Customer Services is responsible for handing over IGT-Systems products that can be installed, maintained, repaired, and upgraded in the field with minimal costs on material and labor, resulting in minimal downtime for our customers. In the end, this serviceability provides a more cost efficient Service process, higher Service revenue, and an increase in our customer satisfaction. Customer Services (CS) translates the Service business strategies and future customer needs into product specific Service requirements and (new) Service products for our customers, during the whole system lifecycle. CS also monitors customer feedback on products and processes in the field during and after product release, to realize optimal customer satisfaction.
The mission of the service innovation engineer is to enable and optimize serviceability for our products and solutions by providing input in different phases of design and development and by contributing to innovative serviceability solutions based on the understanding of the needs of our customers and end users in the field.
You will be part of the ITS team, within the CS Service Innovation department, working on IGT interventional tools, solutions and devices.
You are responsible for
- Analyze and understand the serviceability requirements and ensure they are covered during the design and development of new and released products and solutions.
- Perform analysis of structural issues related to our products and solutions and identify opportunities to improve serviceability.
- Participate in design and development projects to represent the service point of view; to consult the team on service related issues, investigate the implication of new technology on the service processes, translate this into business impact and defend this in the project team.
- Improve and secure the serviceability of released products and sub products by representing the service organization in the development process.
- Assess new designed products on their serviceability based upon the defined service requirements.
- Advises development how to realize an optimal serviceability of the component.
- Create a SI project plan for a (sub-) product and align with the key stakeholders on deliverables and milestones.
- Create overall test design including test cases for verification and validation of service functionalities in the product and the overall serviceability of the product.
- Defines, creates and publishes the required spare parts for the specific product as well as the service deliverable package (documentation and e-information).
- Solves sub-system/component related technical customer complains that are escalated by the 3rd line helpdesk if they could not be solved (4th line support).
- Improves the service deliverable package of the applicable sub systems/component based on field feedback.
- Participates in improvement projects on reliability/serviceability of the applicable sub-systems components.
- Prepare and transfer information to the Philips Healthcare training center and the Customer Services Helpdesk.
- Work according to, and help improve upon our Quality Management System.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience.
- A Bachelor degree or higher (HBO-education) in a technical competence, e.g. Mechanics, Electronics, Bio Medicals, Industrial Engineering.
- At least 3-5 years working experience. Experience with Design for Serviceability Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience working with Customer Service Organizations.
- Cross-functional collaboration (with multiple disciplines)
- Project Management skills
- Working with R&D
- Working in a state-of-art, high-tech environment.
- Affinity with Technical Documentation and tools.
- Experience with analyzing and understanding (End) Customer needs Experience with Medical Device Industry and its regulation(s)Knowledge of Lean Methodologies and Continuous Improvement.
And also: Team-player, Self-starting, persistent, result driven, Can-do-Will-do mentality, and creative.
Has a flexible attitude, able to adapt to a dynamic environment. Is able to convince peers and stakeholders (based on data driven facts and figures)
Has a strong drive to achieve challenging, but realistic targets. Is used to deliver on commitment. Ability to synthesize roadmap and portfolio dynamics; comfortable with making tradeoffs. Strong influencing skills, stakeholder management.
In return, we offer you
A challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.