At Philips Design, we always believed in the transformational power of Design in making our world healthier and more sustainable. We are an integral and valuable part of the organization and its long heritage. We have earned and continue to earn our place as a leading health tech organization by placing the people in the center of our work and in delivering integrated solutions across the full health continuum.
Our designers are among the smartest and talented designers of a global community. We take pride in our work and continuously shift design paradigms, improve our ways of working and unlock new market value by providing an inclusive working environment of trust, collaboration, empowerment and curiosity.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As a Service Designer, you look beyond point solutions and apply design-led thinking to deliver new multi-channel service strategies, ecosystems, or even new businesses to the markets. You gel well with designers and non-designers, thrive in a highly collaborative environment and know how to tell a compelling story. You are a thorough, lateral thinker, who can pull up the sleeves and dig deep to deliver rewarding experiences. Your passion for Service Design is infectious
You are responsible for As a senior Service Designer, you LEAD service design activities for existing or new propositions within our full portfolio, through: • Design service experiences with lasting impact based on understanding of user needs. Develop service blueprints and customer journeys articulating existing and envisioned service experiences integrating stakeholder needs, multi-channel touchpoints, and back-end service delivery systems.
• Explore and articulate options for service propositions beyond product propositions based on knowledge of customer context and product/service business approaches and trends. Create and test ways of generating revenue from new service propositions.
• Plan and lead co-creation workshops with clients, partners and customers as part of analysis and design of new services
• Work within multidisciplinary teams to design internal business systems, processes, and capabilities required to deliver envisioned service experiences. Work closely with other designers to realize relevant touchpoints across the end-to-end service experience.
• Create and test service prototypes to gain insight into assumptions and questions of service delivery. Work at varying levels of fidelity to test isolated assumptions as well as holistic service experiences.
• Create user focused strategies, innovations, solutions and experiences and the user testing and validation of these, considering usability, sustainability and appropriate visual and verbal articulation in line with Design Language System and Brand guidelines
• Drive operational excellence and efficiency, delivering appropriate design quality within budget and project parameters
• Customer focus and Design consultancy, collaborating, partnering and co-creating with internal and external stakeholders, with clear and impactful communication and articulation of design decision making
• Creative or content leadership on high complexity project or program level and/or setting the standard with high level of content specialism.
• Provides design thought leadership to senior business stakeholders, actively drives co-create approaches between Design and other stakeholders.
• Leads larger projects or programs, able to influence direct environment to create enabling conditions for success, to define delivery strategies and manage program level design quality reviews.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Master degree in Design, Design Research or related discipline, or equivalent professional Design training experience.
• Track record of leading complex and large scale, transformational and/or multiple simultaneous projects with decentralized teams
• Thought-leadership on design processes, methodology, culture, technology etc. able to articulate complex matters clearly to outsiders
• Demonstrable design advocacy and mentoring skills to provide strategic and tactical design direction
• Strong influencing and expectation setting skills against real-world limitations
• Substantial day-to-day coordination skills (resources and process) to maintain high design standards
• Entrepreneurial, humble, quick-thinking and exceptionally creative capabilities paired with a keen sense of humor.