Senior Visual Designer
At Philips Design, we always believed in the transformational power of Design in making our world healthier and more sustainable. We are an integral and valuable part of the organization and its long heritage. We have earned and continue to earn our place as a leading health tech organization by placing the people in the center of our work and in delivering integrated solutions across the full health continuum.
Our designers are among the smartest and talented designers of a global community. We take pride in our work and continuously shift design paradigms, improve our ways of working and unlock new market value by providing an inclusive working environment of trust, collaboration, empowerment and curiosity.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As a Visual Designer, you design for impact and relevance. The designs you create are at the forefront of unified experiences and the glue that persuades the values of brands. Your designs shift paradigms within the possibilities and constraints of technology and design systems. You are a strong team player, with an unerring eye for details and a passion for your craft. You are systematic and always people-centric in everything you do, and you want to ship.
You are responsible for
As a senior Visual Designer, you LEAD visual design activities for existing or new propositions within our full portfolio, through:
- Work within an established brand identity and design language system with exceptional craft skill in the use of color, typography, layout, composition, motion and interaction to create intuitive, clear and beautiful designs
- Design, present and support the design process with information in a way that promotes efficient and effective understanding and/or confidence in action
- Participate in user-centered design practices, including the early and frequent involvement of users in the design process, development of prototypes and other stimulus to inform, evolve and ultimately validate designs
- Apply working knowledge of development technologies including various screen-based platforms (e.g. web-based enterprise software development, web sites, mobile OS etc.)
- Contribute rock-star designs to an interdisciplinary team that includes creative leads, other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Create user focused strategies, innovations, solutions and experiences and the user testing and validation of these, considering usability, sustainability and appropriate visual and verbal articulation in line with Design Language System and Brand guidelines
- Drive operational excellence and efficiency, delivering appropriate design quality within budget and project parameters
- Customer focus and Design consultancy, collaborating, partnering and co-creating with internal and external stakeholders, with clear and impactful communication and articulation of design decision making
- Creative or content leadership on high complexity project or program level and/or setting the standard with high level of content specialism.
- Provides design thought leadership to senior business stakeholders, actively drives co-create approaches between Design and other stakeholders.
- Leads larger projects or programs, able to influence direct environment to create enabling conditions for success, to define delivery strategies and manage program level design quality reviews.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master degree in Design, Design Research or related discipline, or equivalent professional Design training experience.
- Track record of leading complex and large scale, transformational and/or multiple simultaneous projects with decentralized teams
- Thought-leadership on design processes, methodology, culture, technology etc. able to articulate complex matters clearly to outsiders
- Demonstrable design advocacy and mentoring skills to provide strategic and tactical design direction
- Strong influencing and expectation setting skills against real-world limitations
- Substantial day-to-day coordination skills (resources and process) to maintain high design standards
- Entrepreneurial, humble, quick-thinking and exceptionally creative capabilities paired with a keen sense of humor.
You are a part of
The home location for this role is [Amsterdam / Eindhoven / Other], but you will work in distributed teams across the globe. Our global creative force of some 400+ professionals is located in our design studios across the Americas, Europa, Middle East and Asia. You will work across our entire portfolio of consumer and professional healthcare & wellness products and from early research to market delivery at scale. On a daily basis, you will work closely with other designers of a larger cross-functional Philips team. Your peers in Design will include product, communications and program management.
Why should you freelance at Philips?
We offer projects that really put your skills to the test. Lots of learning opportunities through regular, on-the-job feedback and knowledge exchange with specialists in many different fields. Creative freedom so you can express yourself and apply your expertise in a way that makes an impact. A friendly and collaborative culture that encourages you to contribute to our health tech strategy, making life better for 3 billion lives a year by 2025.