Senior System Architect
Philips Digital Cognitive Diagnostics is a new business within the Philips CTO-ventures organization. The venture is tasked with developing a new “software only” product called IntelliSpace Cognition. This new product, which is a class II medical device will help neurologists in assessing the cognitive performance of people with a neuro (degenerative) disease. The initial market for IntelliSpace Cognition is the US. A product video can be found here: https://youtu.be/U5KipcjPtz8
The venture is currently seeking a Senior System Architect who wants to manage and coordinate the medical device development of the IntelliSpace Cognition software product by leading a multi-site development team operating in Eindhoven and Bangalore. The position is in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
• Understand key business objectives and strategy for the product, and be able to synthesize and communicate these objectives to the development team in terms of needed functionality.
• Identify product specifications and translate them into requirements and limitations that need to be communicated with stakeholders.
• Manage multi-site software development teams, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, and evaluation.
• Generate medical device development documentation according to certified ISO 13485 and IEC 62304 QMS procedures, involving relevant domains like security, safety, and privacy and be end responsible for QMS compliance.
• Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to the software development teams
• Facilitate, prioritize, and decide which functionality will be developed.
• Respond to unforeseen conditions and setbacks and adapting the product architecture and development plan accordingly.
Knowledge and experience:
• More than 5 years of experience in system and software architecting.
• Hands-on experience with requirements gathering/analysis.
• Hands-on experience with writing code (full stack).
• Strong knowledge of software development principles and practices.
• Extensive experience in Agile development methodologies.
• Proven project planning and management experience.
• Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Good written and verbal communication skills (fluent in English).
• Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
• Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Being in a venture requires a high level of devotion. We need a team player that will go the extra mile to help the team deliver and is equally happy in discussing product features with the product owner as rolling up their sleeves to either program or write the last document that no-one else has time for.
Nice to haves:
• Relevant experience with TFS and WindChill
• Interest in joining a multidisciplinary, multi-cultural, multi-site team.
• Fulltime available on-site (HTC)