Senior SW Test Engineer
IT BEAUTY (Intense Pulse Light hair removal) creates and maintains products for female beauty. Within IT BEAUTY the software team develops and supports high-quality, medical grade software for (connected) Philips IPL devices.
As an Software Test Engineer for IPL you’ll be working on new developments specifically for our latest innovation. The Philips Lumea comfort and Lumea Prestige embedded SW platform.
Your focus is on the development of the software release testing and required documentation for IPL. Currently the direction of IPL is moving towards medically regulated devices in order to enter the US Market, to sustain the EU market after 2020 and to include connectivity to provide for added value to our end customers.
As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you bring your knowledge of test practices to develop and grow the IT BEAUTY software team. You actively work with the SW development team to define, implement and execute test scripts supporting SW release testing. Together with the electronics development team you develop an automated Electronics/Software integration test environment.
The team follows the principles of agile, scrum based development in a challenging multi-disciplinary, multi-project, multi-stakeholder environment. In this complex environment, a senior SW test engineer is needed to support and guide the SW team in a structured SW test approach.
To fully realize IT BEAUTY IPL ambitions, you are responsible for:
• Define and implement automated acceptance tests on IPL SW test platform.
• Initiate improvements, new features for the SW test platform (in cooperation with Electronic Development engineers).
• Execute acceptance tests for intermediate and formal IPL firmware releases.
• Co-Develop the automated EE/SW integration test platform.
In this role, you will be working closely together with the IT BEAUTY software group leader.
The Philips business group Personal Health delivers innovative lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. Our brand promise delivers innovation that matters to you, meaning that our products are caring, innovative & impactful. The sector builds on a deep understanding of people's needs and aspirations to create innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions.
Innovation site Eindhoven is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) Consumer Lifestyle. It focuses on the development of medically and non-medically endorsed lifestyle products. It is responsible for the end-to-end development and realization of new product propositions. The Innovation Site Eindhoven has the ambition to drive business growth by bringing existing, differentiating, new product propositions to market.
One of the key growth areas is the Beauty category (Philips IPL and Skin Care), which encompass multiple sub-businesses: IPL and Skin Care.
You’ll be reporting to the Functional Group Lead Electronics and Software Development and will be working within a team of highly motivated developers.
Location: High Tech Campus – Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
We are looking for someone with:
• Master Degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent
• Deep interest in connected products; in particular software and
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in product software development with demonstrable experience with SW test engineering.
• Solid knowledge of SW test engineering tools (C#, SpecFlow Gherkin, Cucumber, Visual Studio)
• Knowledge about good technical practices that drive code quality. (e.g. Continuous Integration, micro testing, TDD, refactoring, …)
• Relevant experience with C, C# and C++ programming language;
• Experience with development methodologies like Agile/Scrum;
• Experience with object oriented analysis and design;
• Relevant work experience in prototype or product development;
• You enjoy working in cross-functional teams; you are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment;
Knowledge of processes within Philips organization is a plus.