Senior Software Developer
Hospital 4.0 is a value stream within Philips research focusing on operational excellence with the Healthcare Industry. We strive to help C- suite, administrators, doctors and caregivers to reduce waste by optimizing operations in hospitals and hospital networks. By connecting and analyzing data from health information systems, point of care medical devices, sensors, RTLS and other pre-existing relevant sources with help of enabling technologies such as Cloud, AI & ML, data interoperability, and healthcare data standards (HL7, FHIR).
Philips is looking for an experienced and motivated senior software developer with deep technical depth as well as strong interpersonal skills. The software developer will work in a multi-disciplinary development team. The position is in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
- Design, test, develop, deploy, maintain and improve software assets
- Deliver high quality code thru hands on development with attention to detail
- Analyze/Research issues and provide solutions to quickly resolve them
- Options to peer programming with team members
- Actively participate in solution design with system engineers and architects
- Experience in integrating multiple system solutions and communicating with all involved parties
- Pre: Experience with existing Philips processes regarding platforms and integrations.
- Interoperability implementation and integration experience with FHIR and HL7.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in developing software applications
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Back-end experience: Java, modern web technology stack (micro-services, message queue, REST API definitions, cloud services)
- Solid experience with key DevOps technologies including Docker, as well as DevOps experience in AWS / Cloud Foundry, including hybrid, serverless, IaaS, automation, and tools for CI/CD services.
- Relevant experience in working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Strong experience with highly-scalable and distributed databases and the key issues affecting their performance and reliability.
- Experienced in test driven development.
Nice to haves:
- Relevant experience with TFS
- Experience with Philips Research
- Experience with Agile SAFe
- Excellent communication skills (fluent in English).
- Interest in joining a multidisciplinary, multi-cultural, multi-site team.
- Problem solving mindset, accurate, strong analytical, conceptual and creative thinking skill