Senior Interaction Designer
At Philips Design, we always believed in the transformational power of Design in making our world healthier and more sustainable. We are an integral and valuable part of the organization and its long heritage. We have earned and continue to earn our place as a leading health tech organization by placing the people in the center of our work and in delivering integrated solutions across the full health continuum.
Our designers are among the smartest and talented designers of a global community. We take pride in our work and continuously shift design paradigms, improve our ways of working and unlock new market value by providing an inclusive working environment of trust, collaboration, empowerment and curiosity.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As an Interaction Designer, you strive to ship experiences that inspire and exceed the expectations of the 'end-user'. Your work wins the hearts and minds of customers and stakeholders, because you care about micro- and macro-interactions alike. Your open and can-do mindset never grows tired in getting to the bottom of user intends and business requirements. Your knowledge of industry standards and heuristics allows you to deliver qualitative and scalable solutions from websites, software applications, to digital devices.
You are responsible for
As a senior Interaction Designer, you LEAD interaction design activities for existing or new propositions within our full portfolio, through:
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, usability testing, task analysis, data analysis, and other forms of requirements discovery
- Capture user requirements through specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, principles and design specifications
- Effectively communicate experience frameworks, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Work closely with development teams to understand their capabilities clearly and to ensure that design specifications are implemented correctly
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and design strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Apply working knowledge of existing interface or usability standards, and development technologies including various screen-based platforms (e.g. web-based enterprise software development, web sites, mobile OS etc.)
- Create user focused strategies, innovations, solutions and experiences and the user testing and validation of these, considering usability, sustainability and appropriate visual and verbal articulation in line with Design Language System and Brand guidelines
- Drive operational excellence and efficiency, delivering appropriate design quality within budget and project parameters
- Customer focus and Design consultancy, collaborating, partnering and co creating with internal and external stakeholders, with clear and impactful communication and articulation of design decision making
- Creative or content leadership on high complexity project or program level and/or setting the standard with high level of content specialism.
- Provides design thought leadership to senior business stakeholders, actively drives co-create approaches between Design and other stakeholders.
- Leads larger projects or programs, able to influence direct environment to create enabling conditions for success, to define delivery strategies and manage program level design quality reviews.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master degree in Design, Design Research or related discipline, or equivalent professional Design training experience.
- Track record of leading complex and large scale, transformational and/or multiple simultaneous projects with decentralized teams
- Thought-leadership on design processes, methodology, culture, technology etc. able to articulate complex matters clearly to outsiders
- Demonstrable design advocacy and mentoring skills to provide strategic and tactical design direction
- Strong influencing and expectation setting skills against real-world limitations
- Substantial day-to-day coordination skills (resources and process) to maintain high design standards
- Entrepreneurial, humble, quick-thinking and exceptionally creative capabilities paired with a keen sense of humor.