Scanner Software Designer (Freelancer)
Philips Digital Computational Pathology - Our Mission:
In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care, we want to be number one in empowering Pathologists with Digital Pathology Solutions via the best pathology scanners available, helping the pathology laboratory and the pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care. Philips Precision Diagnostic Solutions aims fully digitizing the pathology workflow. In the Imaging Scanners group, we are developing the next generation of digital microscopes to realize this goal.
As Scanner Software Designer, you will report directly to the Software Leader of the Imaging Scanners Software Department and you will support the Imaging Scanners team.
In the role of Scanner Software Designer, you will strengthen the software engineering teams to ensure timely releasing of high quality products, systems, and services.
You will contribute to projects that are designing and maintaining this digital microscope. The Scanner is built on a Linux platform using various technologies and software implementation languages.
Specifically, you will help develop the Scanner Domain specific software, implementing focus and Image analysis algorithms. Additionally, you will be developing calibration and qualification components to ensure the Scanner operates at a quality level suitable for diagnostic purposes. To accomplish this, you will collaborate closely with the system engineers and application specialists.
- Collaborating with Product owner, Architects, Subject Matter Experts, and your Scrum team members to refine work packages.
- You will design and, implement software modules (spanning a range of image processing algorithms, state machines and control software,) primarily in C++ (and Java) as well as software deployment on the target operating system.
- Leveraging MATLAB reference code and test data as required.
- Understanding and communicating consequences of your design with respect to the intended architecture.
- Create (and executing) tests for your implementations to ensure that, the software in question will be reliable, efficient, and easy to maintain.
- Create the required supporting documentation in line with the QMS.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Bachelor or Masters degree preferably in computer science / informatics / software engineering
- At least 3 years of experience as a software designer for in product software application development, with:
o C++ (11, 14) STL, Boost
o Python & Bash
o Linux (RPM, user / file system permissions
o Java (Good appreciation, opportunity to develop)
o Object orientated development
o Experience in Image processing & Multi-threaded applications
o Tooling (Clion, IntelliJ, Jenkins CI/CD, Docker, Jira)
o MATLAB knowledge, beneficial
o Ideally have experience in working with hardware and embedded systems preferably in the field of Microscopy
Possess the following characteristics
- You have a passion for Code Craftsmanship and take pride in writing clean code, you are comfortable with pair / mob programming and experienced in applying test driven development techniques. You are skilled in working with legacy code bases and welcome the change of resolving complex problems.
- Comfortable in developing on and for Linux based platforms
- Self-starting capabilities and a pragmatic mindset
- Enthusiastic Agile team member
- Flexible and open attitude, good communication skills in English and preferable (is willing to learn) the Dutch language
- Affinity and experience with working in cross functional teams
- Experience with Healthcare Regulatory aspects (FDA 820.x, ISO13485, IEC62304 etc.) is preferred
- Focus on Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Improvement attitude, lean thinking, continuous improvement
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.