Research Scientist Gas Sensing Technologies
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Contribute to bringing innovative gas sensing technologies towards Philips applications, notably in patient monitoring and respiratory care. We are looking for an enthusiastic scientist that can innovate combining a strong background in physical/chemical engineering and hands-on experience with instrumentation.
Are you ready to take this challenge?
You are responsible for
- Carrying out industrial research in the area of gas sensing technologies and adapt them for Philips applications;
- Keep abreast of technical, application and market developments in the relevant technological and industrial areas, showing interest in the business aspects;
- Creating value and impact by delivering meaningful innovations, intellectual property and transfers to the relevant Philips businesses that contribute to Philips growth.
You are a part of
Philips Research (www.philips.com/research), one of the largest industrial Research organizations in the world, focusing on the area of HealthTech. You will be based in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. You will work with a team of passionate, professional and multi-disciplinary scientists, meanwhile connecting to the global Research community and related business stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- MSc or Ph.D. in Physical/Chemical Engineering or related field;
- At least 4 years of hands-on working experience with high-end instrumentation, preferably GC-MS;
- Willingness to dedicate roughly 50% of time on experimentation in lab or at site of application;
- Eye for details, strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Passionate to translate technology into products, eager to learn and result-oriented;
- To-the-point communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong personal relationships at all levels, both internal and external to Philips Research;
- Self-manager, coordination and facilitation skills of own research;
- Team worker in multidisciplinary settings.
In return, we offer you
To be at the heart of Philips and share our passion for introducing meaningful innovations to support medical professionals and patients experience. Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. Its a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
Submit your proposal