R&D Project Manager - Technology and Function Development (Freelance)
Business Unit Coffee - Location Drachten, The Netherlands
Are you a strong Project Leader, capable to lead cross functional R&D teams, developing new innovative principles and functions?
We are looking for an Integral Project Manager to lead Innovation Projects within our Coffee Appliances Business. With a cross functional team, you lead the Development of a new principle or function from Problem statement to Proof of Function.
We develop and produce a full range of portioned and Fully Automatic Coffee and Espresso solutions with multifunctional teams around the globe.
To stay ahead of our competition, we need break through innovations in Coffee preparation and connected solutions.
You are responsible for
- Project results within the boundaries of your project charter and assignment
- Leading teams of 5-10 FTE
- Managing Budget -1MEuro
- Leadership: Coaches and directs project team members and gives them operational guidance
- Gathers and integrates project performance and progress information and keeps active communication with internal customers (eg. Realization Projects)
- Reporting: Reports on the progress of the project with an agreed frequency on quality, status, time, and money to senior management and to the project members
You do the above by following our Product development process designed for the development of new principles and functions.
You will be a member of a Global Team who DAre to develop new industrial process with speed and introducing innovations and solutions to the market. As member of an Agile organization you will have the chance to face different challenges and you will be empowered to deliver Innovation!
- You will be part of the Global Coffee PMO team, existing of ~15 Project managers, a PSO and Project Engineer, sitting in 3 locations (Netherlands, Italy and HongKong)
- As an Integral Project Manager you will lead a cross-functional team (Product development, Product Industrialization, Quality, Procurement, and supporting functions).?
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in technical domain (eg. Mechanical engineering, electronics, else)
- Change management and project management skills (PMP certification is a plus)
- From 5 to 10 years of related working experience in a complex manufacturing systems
- Strong Lean and Six Sigma understanding
- Product Innovation & Lifecycle Management Fundamentals
- You show learning agility and the ability to anticipate and solve problems
- You takes ownership of decisions and actions
- You speak English fluently
- Italian nice to have
In return, we offer you
A meaningful career, with new challenges in our dynamic organization, working in an encouraging multinational and multicultural environment and having the opportunity to experience new technologies. You will be surrounded by passionate and committed colleagues who share your ambition to continue boosting our Coffee Business creating an outstanding customer experience
Why should you join Domestic Appliances?
Philips DA is a leading global player in small domestic appliances, with iconic brands, strong IP portfolio and wide geographic span. With its broad global reach - a presence in over 52 countries and sales into 134 countries, it is the MOST VALUABLE BRAND in the world across all small domestic appliances brands (Source: Interbrand Best Global Brands 2019 Ranking).
In January 2020, Philips announced that it would be considering new ownership options for Domestic Appliances, as it is not a strategic fit for the company's future as a health technology leader, and committed to finding the right home for the business to ensure that it is set up for continued success serving customers, leveraging the Philips brand and driving growth across the markets that it serves.